Calfee’s heritage includes a history of assisting entrepreneurs in transforming their innovations into successful companies. Our attorneys focus on helping innovators, entrepreneurs and investors in successfully launching businesses, raising financing and growing their companies.
A number of attorneys in our Corporate and Capital Markets Group have deep experience in offering practical, solution-focused advice, with a business perspective honed from representing clients at every stage of development – from corporate formation, to initial and later-stage financing, to sale, IPO or market leadership. Our firm-wide capabilities and team-oriented approach to service enable our clients to call upon a range of experienced attorneys in a variety of practice areas, including an Intellectual Property group with a breadth and depth of experience that is arguably unsurpassed in our region.
Our attorneys coordinate efficiently and effectively to assist entrepreneurs in properly setting up their companies, reviewing their business plans and identifying key strengths and weaknesses, protecting or licensing core technology, negotiating terms for initial and later-stage financings, preparing key agreements with employees and consultants, structuring equity incentive plans, and evaluating how best to achieve liquidity.
News & Events
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Business and Fund Formation
- Commercial Business and Finance
- Compliance / Regulatory Services
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Capital Markets
- Economic Development Incentives
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Estate and Succession Planning and Administration
- Franchise Law
- Government Relations and Legislation
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Privacy and Data Security
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Tort, Accident and Product Liability Litigation