On April 14, 2021, the DOL released a series of long-anticipated cybersecurity tips and best practices for ERISA-covered benefit plans, which include retirement and welfare plans. The guidance is directed at plan sponsors and fiduciaries (and, at least indirectly, plan service providers) as well as plan participants and beneficiaries.
As part of the Calfee NOW video series, the recently appointed Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance (ODI) and prior Ohio Supreme Court Justice, Judith French, sat down for a brief chat with Calfee’s James Sullivan.
Here are some highlights of interest for Calfee’s policyholder clients:
Following up on the prior analyses (here and here) that Calfee’s insurance policyholder practice issued regarding insurance coverage for business interruption losses stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, all eyes continue to be trained on Ohio. On April 14, 2021, the Ohio Supreme Court officially accepted a certified question from the federal Northern District of Ohio that will have broad and sweeping impacts not only on Ohio policyholders, but throughout the U.S.
Being a business owner always carries a certain level of risk. However, the rewards of ownership can be great as well. Whether you own one company or a portfolio of enterprises, you know that leveraging your assets and minimizing your liabilities is key.
On episode 16 of Calfee NOW, Michael Bowen, Associate with Calfee's Government Relations and Legislation practice group spoke with Renee Ligon, Director of Partnerships & Engagement at Team NEO.
In late-2007, I returned from a 15-month deployment to Iraq with 2-27th Infantry Battalion. We were stationed at Forward Operating Base McHenry, a relatively remote base, responsible for a large area east of the Tigris River and south of Kirkuk.
Launching a startup company requires a mind-crushing amount of thought and effort. One area that entrepreneurs often unintentionally neglect is the legal protection of their business’ intellectual property.
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the view points of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary. Updates related to all COVID-19 government assistance programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance are being disseminated from government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Calfee NOW Episode 18 With Energy and Utilities Partner Jim Holsclaw
- The DOL’s Cybersecurity Guidance for Employee Benefit Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries, Recordkeepers, Participants and Beneficiaries
- Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance, Discusses Department’s Approach to Regulating Insurance
- Ohio Supreme Court to Issue Opinion on Central Issue for COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance Claims
- Calfee NOW Episode 17 With Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Purchasing an Ohio Business? Be Aware of These Potential Liabilities
- Calfee Now Episode 16 With Renee Ligon, Director of Partnerships & Engagement at Team NEO
- Calfee NOW Episode 15 With Congressman Tim Ryan
- No Fear in the Time of COVID
- How Startups Can Avoid Intellectual Property Missteps