The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) estimates some $590 million in ransomware payments were reportedly made from January to June 2021. Moreover, hackers are now blatant enough to brand their undertakings as “Ransomware as a Service,” and some reportedly “feel completely safe” from prosecution against their illegal activities in countries such as China.
What are these data breaches and ransomware attacks, and what can you do to help protect your company?
Working with a member of the Lex Mundi group opens the door to access over 22,000 lawyers in over 125 countries. As a founding and active member of this global legal network, Calfee has decades of experience and strong relationships within the organization, which we regularly leverage to help ensure our clients have quick access to trusted legal counsel in other jurisdictions who can help them make informed decisions to better grow and protect their business’ interests.
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the view points of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary. Updates related to all COVID-19 government assistance programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance are being disseminated from government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Calfee NOW: Congressman Troy Balderson on Intel
- Calfee NOW: Ohio Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Steve Stivers on Intel
- Satisfying Policy Retentions or Deductibles With Other People’s Money
- Calfee NOW Episode 24 With Chris Berry, President and CEO of OhioX
- Who Dey! How to Cheer on Your Cincinnati Bengals Without Committing Trademark Infringement
- Acquiring the Equity of an Entity Taxed as an S Corporation? Consider an “F Reorg.”
- Calfee NOW Episode 23 with Congresswoman Shontel Brown
- Calfee NOW Episode 22 With Ryan Puente, Chief of Government Affairs for the City of Cleveland
- Calfee NOW Episode 21 with Cincinnati Mayor-Elect Aftab Pureval