Bringing more than 24 years of combined local, statewide and national political experience to the table, Ray has worked with and advised officeholders and political candidates at all levels of government and provided counsel to individual, corporate and not-for-profit organizations as they address their issues and interests with governmental entities.
Ray is currently in his seventh year as an appointed member of the Executive Committee for the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party. In 2018, Ray was appointed by the Mayor of Cleveland to the City of Cleveland Landmarks' Commission.
Ray is also a former Mahoning County Democratic Party Treasurer and a former Mahoning County Democratic Party Executive Committee Member.
As a litigator, Ray has successfully argued cases on behalf of clients in various Courts of Common Pleas throughout the state of Ohio in addition to various Ohio Appellate Courts, including the Ohio Supreme Court. He has served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio, as well an Assistant Mahoning County Prosecutor.
Ray is a frequent speaker and moderator of presentations for both Calfee clients as well as the general business community.
Ray currently serves on the Executive Committee and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Lawyer’s Guild for the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland. Ray is a former member of the Board of Directors and Governance Committee for the Cleveland Play House. He previously chaired the Board of Directors of the Ursuline Center for the Ursuline Sisters of Youngstown.
Ray has served as president of the Board of Directors for the Beatitude House, vice president of the Board of Directors for the Youngstown Playhouse, a member of the Mahoning County Alcohol and Drug Addictions Services Board, chairman of parish council for St. Michael Parish in Canfield, and as a member of the City of Canfield’s Charter Review Committee. He is a graduate of Leadership Mahoning Valley, Class of 2001.
Through the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and in partnership with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Ray has participated as an instructor in the 3Rs program as well as a judge for its mock trial competitions.
Ray previously maintained a private practice where he counseled clients in corporate and business law as well as general civil and criminal litigation. He joined Calfee in 2009.
J.D., The University of Akron School of Law, 1994
M.B.A., Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management, 1990
B.A., cum laude, Hiram College, 1987
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Cuyahoga County Democratic Party, Executive Committee Member
- City of Cleveland Landmarks' Commission (2018)
- Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, Lawyer’s Guild, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Cleveland Play House, Former Board Member and Governance Committee Member
- Ursuline Center for the Ursuline Sisters of Youngstown, Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- Mahoning County Democratic Party, Former Treasurer and Executive Committee Member
- Beatitude House, Former President of the Board of Directors
- Youngstown Playhouse, Former Vice President of the Board
- Mahoning County Alcohol and Drug Addictions Services Board, Past Member
- St. Michael Parish in Canfield, Past Chairman of Parish Council
- City of Canfield’s Charter Review Committee, Former Member
- Leadership Mahoning Valley, Class of 2001
- 3Rs Program (Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association in Partnership with Cleveland Metropolitan School District), Former Instructor and Mock Trial Competition Judge
News & Events
- Calfee Workers' Compensation attorneys' articles published in the 2020 edition of National Workers' Compensation Defense Network (NWCDN) bookWorkers' Compensation Emerging Issues Analysis, 03.10.2020
- Raymond M. Tarasuck Appointed to the Ohio State Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Specialty Board10.13.2016
- Calfee Connections, 03.31.2021
- Calfee Connections, 12.16.2020
- Calfee Connections, 12.10.2020
- Government Relations and Legislation
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation and OSHA
- White-Collar Defense and Investigations
- Federal Government Relations and Policy
- Public Law
- State Government Relations and Policy
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio