Calfee serves individuals and families in several capacities, including Estate and Succession Planning, Wealth Management, and Entrepreneurs/Start-ups, to name a few.
As a firm built on a solid foundation of providing innovative solutions to business owners, Calfee remains keenly aware of the challenges faced by the families and individuals behind those businesses.
The “full service” nature of Calfee affords you the unique ability to integrate a complete suite of legal services to manage the often intertwined complexities faced by your business, your family and you. Our goals-based approach relies on close collaboration to deliver customized, comprehensive resolutions to the issues that keep you awake at night.
We stand ready to guide you through issues as varied and important as designing and implementing a basic estate plan, to engineering thoughtful and tax-efficient wealth transition strategies, to identifying and adopting complex business transfer techniques. We are especially proud of the positive results that can be achieved when coordinating business transition strategies with a well-designed estate plan.
Calfee lawyers are also experienced in helping families navigate their way through the controversies that may erupt when the pressures of wealth management lead to discord among family members.
We remain committed to helping individuals and families achieve the peace of mind that can only result from careful attention to detail and thoughtful adherence to the unique mission and values developed over the years by each of our client families.
Chambers USA Ranked Calfee as "Leading Law Firm" in Private Wealth Law 2018
Calfee's Estate and Succession Planning and Administration group is ranked as a "Leading Law Firm" in Private Wealth Law (Ohio) the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2018. Chambers HNW is the only independent directory specifically aimed at the private wealth market that ranks law firms according to their private client disciplines.
"Best Law Firms" Ranked Calfee for Trusts and Estates Law 2018
Calfee was selected for inclusion in Trusts and Estates Law as a "Best Law Firm" by U.S.News–Best Lawyers in America 2018 (Metropolitan Tier 1 Cleveland).
News & Events
- Calfee Workers' Compensation attorneys' articles published in the 2020 edition of National Workers' Compensation Defense Network (NWCDN) bookWorkers' Compensation Emerging Issues Analysis, 03.10.2020
- Crain's Cleveland Business, 11.08.2019
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2019
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP Earns Rankings in The International Financial Law Review 1000 Guide in Five Practice Areas and Four Calfee Attorneys Recognized As "Highly Regarded Attorneys"The International Financial Law Review, 11.01.2019
- Fifty-three Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Aviation Law
- Business and Fund Formation
- Charitable Giving
- Commercial and Public Finance
- Corporate and Capital Markets
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Estate and Succession Planning and Administration
- Family Offices
- Federal Government Relations and Policy
- Franchise Law
- Government Relations and Legislation
- Health Care Regulation
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- State Government Relations and Policy
- Tax Law
- Tax Litigation
- Tort, Accident and Product Liability Litigation
- Wealth Management
- White-Collar Investigations and Litigation