The use of business structures designed to take advantage of flexible “pass through” tax benefits afforded to certain entities under federal and state tax laws has increased significantly in recent years. This has resulted in the need for transactional attorneys capable of addressing the unique organizational and tax issues faced by partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, and their partners and members.
Calfee attorneys are experienced in all phases of the formation, capitalization and fundraising, taxation, and governance of partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures. Our attorneys have the experience and background to assist our clients in creating and managing business structures that most effectively meet their needs.
U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Rankings
Calfee was selected for inclusion in the 2022 "Best Law Firms" rankings by U.S. News – Best Lawyers in the following areas:
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law (Regional Tier 2 Cleveland)
- Corporate Law (National Tier 2, Regional Tier 1 Cleveland, Regional Tier 1 Columbus, Regional Tier 2 Cincinnati)
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (Regional Tier 2 Cleveland)
- Tax Law (Regional Tier 1 Cleveland)
- Venture Capital Law (National Tier 2, Regional Tier 1 Cleveland)