Primarily, Gwen’s practice focuses on representing both buyers and sellers from a broad cross-section of industries in the merger, acquisition or divestiture process, from the initial diligence phase to the post-closing integration period.
Gwen also has assisted on various real estate matters for private, public and governmental clients, including real estate development projects involving New Markets Tax Credit and other tax incentive-based financing.
She has been named to 2018 Ohio Rising Stars list by Ohio Super Lawyers.
She is active in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Gwen received her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law where she was Executive Editor of the Journal of International Law. She received her B.A., with honors, from Trinity College.
She joined Calfee in 2010 and was elected Partner in 2019.
Honors & Recognitions
Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, 2018
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Executive Editor, Journal of International Law, 2009
B.A., with honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Trinity College, 2004
Gwen’s extensive expertise includes having represented the following public and privately held companies and private equity firms:
- Cleveland-based private equity fund in numerous acquisitions and divestitures, including its acquisition of a manufacturer of vinyl windows; add-on acquisitions and the sale of a leading manufacturer of sub-five horsepower motors; and its acquisition of a manufacturer of (i) highly advanced aerial delivery systems, parachute hardware and emergency descent devices, (ii) high-end hand tools for the cable TV, telecom, fiber optic and electrical utility markers, and (iii) electrical and mechanical timers used in wide-ranging applications.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) and its affiliates in several acquisitions, including:
- the purchase of the stock of the developer and manufacturer of a coated anti-microbial adhesive on polyethylene materials
- the purchase of substantially all of the assets of a supplier and distributor of pharmaceutical critical care and fractionated blood products.
- Ferro Corporation (NYSE: FOE) in its divestiture of its pharmaceutical business to PLI Holdings, Inc., an affiliate of MedOpportunity Partners, LLC, for consideration of a $16.9 million cash payment and an earn-out incentive payment of up to $8 million.
- Linsalata Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of Whitcraft, a provider of engineering and manufacturing services for the aerospace industry; its acquisition and sale of NeuroTherm, Inc., a leading developer, manufacturer of products used primarily on the field of interventional pain management; and its sale of Diversco, a provider of temporary staffing services.
- Flight Options, a leading provider of private and charter air craft service, in its acquisition of the Flexjet division of Bombardier.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, member
News & Events
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MCM's Recent Acquisition of Andover Corporation12.21.2018
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MavenHill Capital's Recent Acquisition of Gasser & Sons12.03.2018
- Calfee Attorneys Led the Legal Deal Team for CapitalWorks LLC in the Sale of its Investment in Capewell Aerial Systems10.04.2018
- Forty Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars12.06.2017