Adam enjoys assisting his clients with all manner of transactional legal and business issues.
He has experience counseling private equity clients and their portfolio companies with acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, and corporate governance. He has assisted public company clients with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, commercial contracting, corporate governance, and entity formation. Adam also has experience guiding entrepreneurs through the equity financing process and addressing the legal challenges of early-stage businesses.
Adam joined Calfee’s Columbus office in 2021. Prior to joining Calfee, Adam worked at Winston & Strawn LLP in their Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice group.
In 2015, Adam received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Notre Dame Law School, where he was a Notes and Submissions Editor of the Notre Dame Law Review and a Dean’s Circle Fellow.
He received his B.A. from Miami University in 2011, where he was awarded the Oxford Scholars Scholarship.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022-2024)
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions (2023)
J.D., magna cum laude, Notre Dame Law School, 2015
B.A., Miami University, 2011
Adam’s experience includes the following representative transactions and clients:
Private Equity Firms
- Wind Point Partners in numerous acquisitions, including the acquisition of Corbett Technology Solutions, Inc. a provider of communications and security solutions; Tropicale Foods, a manufacturer of frozen novelty food products; and Poggemeyer Design Group, a Bowling Green, Ohio-based engineering consulting firm.
- Industrial Opportunity Partners in several acquisitions and divestitures, including the acquisition of Royston Group, a leading manufacturer of merchandising equipment and fixtures; Monroe Truck Equipment, a manufacturer of specialized truck equipment; and the divestiture of Trantech Radiator Products, a radiator manufacturer.
- Next Sparc Growth Partners in its acquisition of Revel Bikes, a leading mountain bike manufacturer.
- The Hunter Valley Company/Vitruvian Group in the acquisition of BOTSG, a manufacturer of boride abrasive products.
- Thurston Group in numerous acquisitions, including the acquisition of E78 Partners, a financial consultant to the private equity industry; and the acquisition of many endodontics practices by US Endo Partners, a portfolio company specializing in endodontics surgery centers.
- VetEvolve, a portfolio company of Align Capital Partners, in several acquisitions of veterinary care centers.
- Norwest Equity Partners, in a number of deals, including the acquisition of Ramsey Industries, a manufacturer of aircraft parts; and the acquisition of Avtex Solutions, a customer experience focused technology company.
- Longshore Capital Partners in several acquisitions, including the acquisition of Eclipse Advantage, a specialized labor management company.
- Installed Building Products (IBP) in a number of deals, including the acquisition of AMD Distribution, Inc. a leading distributor of insulation and building materials products.
- Hub Group (HUB), in numerous transactions, including the acquisition of Nonstop Delivery, LLC, a last-mile logistics provider; the acquisition of CaseStack, a logistics services provider; the sale of Mode Transportation, a leading shipping logistics provider.
- TreeHouse Foods (THS) in several acquisitions and divestitures, including the acquisition of ConAgra Foods private label operations; and the divestiture of TreeHouse Foods’ private label ready-to-eat cereal division to Post Holdings.
- Ferro Corporation, in its sale to Prince International Corporation.
Emerging Companies/Venture Capital Firms
- Factor 75, an innovative provider of nutritious delivered meal packages, in its Seed and Series A financings, as well as general corporate counseling.
- SchoolPass, a provider of school security software and technology, in its Series A financing.
- mParticle, Inc., in its acquisition of Indicative, Inc., a customer journey analytics provider.
- SchoolPointe, Inc., a Columbus-based developer of management software for schools, in its sale to Finalsite.
- Represented a family owned contract manufacturer of beauty supply and cosmetic products in its sale to a private equity buyer.
- Millenium Capital and Recovery Corporation, a Hudson, Ohio-based recovery management services provider in its sale to TRAKAmerica, a portfolio company of Flexpoint Ford.
- Represented a family held business in the acquisitions of a junior hockey league and a youth hockey developmental organization.
- Counsel to the founder of a gaming terminal company in its sale to a national casino gaming corporation.
- Marsh, Berry & Company, Inc., a Cleveland-based M&A financial advisor in its sale to Atlas Merchant Capital.
- Acquisition of Kleinfelder, Inc., an ESOP-owned engineering services firm.
- "Dropping the Ball: The NCAA’s Failure to Address Concussions in College Football," Notre Dame Law Review, Vol. 89, Issue 5 (2015)
News & Events
- Calfee Client CW Industrial Partners' Portfolio Company Safe-way Garage Doors Acquires 1st United Door Technologies
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- Calfee Client EGC Enterprises Inc. Completes Successful Sale to Michelin Group's CDI Energy Products LLC
- Align Capital Partners' Veterinary Practice Management Platform VetEvolve, a Calfee Client, Acquired Brandermill Animal Hospital in Virginia
- Ohio Super Lawyers,
- Calfee Partner Brent Pietrafese Leads Legal Deal Team for Client CW Industrial Partners in Sale of CWI’s Ripley Tools to Hubbell Incorporated
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- Calfee Connections,
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Food and Beverage
- Health Care
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Software and Information Technology