Drew focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, global restructuring and integration, corporate governance, securities law, and related tax matters.
He joins Calfee from the Cincinnati office of Squire Patton Boggs, where he gained experience as an Associate in their Financial Services and Corporate practices. In addition, Drew previously worked for a large regional law firm as an Associate in the Business Representation and Transactions practice.
Previously, Drew worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers. In this role, he assisted with international tax transactions and planning, business entity structuring, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, consulting, and compliance services for several large multinational and domestic corporations.
Drew earned his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He earned his B.S. in Finance and Accounting from the University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business.
Drew joined Calfee in 2022.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021-2024) and Banking and Finance Law (2022-2024)
- Cincy Magazine, "Cincy Leading Lawyers," Corporate and Finance (2023)
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2015
B.S., Finance and Accounting, University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business, 2007
- Calfee led a transaction involving the follow-on disposition of a business line for a leading electronics supplier. The client exited the business in 2022, but certain assets were excluded from that exit. The client desired a complete exit and wanted to sell the assets excluded from the prior deal. The transaction was valued at several million dollars plus ongoing royalty for a set period of time based on sales by the buyer.
- Calfee served as lead (and sole) legal counsel to a national consulting and advisory firm in its 2022 acquisition of an insurance network. This transaction included an equity offering that closed contemporaneously with the acquisition.
- Calfee served as lead legal counsel to a global CAD-content platform for engineering in its 2022 acquisition of a subsidiary of a publishing company and a provider of 3D software engineering services. This transaction included an unwinding of an existing commercial arrangement due to the acquisition and the entering into an extended partnership agreement post-acquisition and it involved multiple U.S. states and European countries.
- Calfee served as legal counsel to a Western European steel products manufacturer with respect to the sale of a joint venture U.S. company to a subsidiary of a Southeast European company. This 2023 transaction was valued at $100+ million.
- Calfee served as exclusive legal counsel to a national marketing agency and counsel to a Midwestern U.S. private equity firm in the 2023 acquisition of all of the equity interests of the marketing agency.
- Calfee served as sole corporate counsel to a biotechnology company and its equity holders. Calfee advised the client with reorganizing the company in connection with the 2023 sale of all of the company’s outstanding equity to a California-based biotechnology platform company sponsored by a Midwestern private equity firm with multi-billions of dollars in AUM. The transaction represented a successful exit for the founders and provided the opportunity to further develop and utilize the company's technology in various drug treatments.
- Calfee served as lead and sole legal counsel to a tax, accounting, and consulting firm client in its acquisition of a minority interest in a wealth management firm. The 2023 transaction involved the creation of a registered RIA subsidiary for the client company to act as the acquirer in the transaction. In connection with the acquisition of the equity, a joint-venture operating agreement was negotiated.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- 1n5 Cincinnati, Host
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
News & Events
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- Cincy Magazine,