While we opened Calfee's Washington, D.C. office in early 2017 with the initial goal, primarily, to serve the federal-level Government Relations and Legislation needs of our business clients, our newest office is quickly growing to service our clients' Intellectual Property, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Land Use and Zoning, Compliance Services and other legal and business needs.
News & Events
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP Earns Rankings in The International Financial Law Review 1000 Guide in Four Practice AreasThe International Financial Law Review, 09.08.2020
- Law360, 08.17.2020
- Calfee Zoning Forms Equitable Zoning Advisory Committee to Guide More Equitable Zoning Code Outcomes for America’s Cities08.04.2020
- Sun Gazette Newspapers, 07.31.2020
- Chambers High Net Worth 2020 Guide, 07.09.2020
- Tysons Reporter, 07.09.2020
- Charlie Luken Opinion: I Was the Mayor of Cincinnati When We Reformed Our Police Department Following Racial Unrest – and Crime Has Since TumbledMarketWatch, 07.09.2020
- Calfee's Charlie Luken and Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley Roundtable Discussion Featured in News Outlets06.10.2020
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, 04.24.2020
- Agenda, 04.22.2020
- Calfee's Corporate and Capital Markets Partner John Jenkins Quoted in POLITICO Article, “SEC Disclosure Delays Leave Some Investors in the Dark”POLITICO, 04.14.2020
- This Week Community News, 03.25.2020
- Lessons Learned in Time-Tested Business Restructuring Case and Its Relevance for Today's Businesses Disrupted by COVID-19The NCS HealthCare Inc. Restructuring: Basic Lessons in How to Stave Off a Bankruptcy Liquidation of a Deeply Insolvent Publicly Held Business and in the Process Foster a $385 Million Accretion of NCS Enterprise Value in Favor of Its Stakeholders
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP Creates COVID-19 Resource Center to Keep Clients Informed of Latest Legal Developments03.19.2020
- James Sullivan and Matt Chiricosta Co-Author an Article on the Importance of Directors & Officers Liability Insurance to Private CompaniesCleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, 02.29.2020
- Crain's Cleveland Business, 11.08.2019
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2019
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP Earns Rankings in The International Financial Law Review 1000 Guide in Five Practice Areas and Four Calfee Attorneys Recognized As "Highly Regarded Attorneys"The International Financial Law Review, 11.01.2019
- Fifty-three Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- CZ Zonecast Presents: Zoning and Land Use Predictions for 2021 and Beyond – Responding to Social and Economic Change09.15.2020
- Sean S. Suder to Participate in Panel Discussion, "Survival of the Fittest: The State of Retail in the Wake of COVID-19"09.02.2020
- Pooled Employer Plans: Background and Benefits for Private Equity and Other Financial Services Firms08.18.2020
- CZ Zonecasts Presents: Single Family Zoning and Equity, the "Minneapolis Experience” With Special Guest Heather Worthington07.09.2020
- A Webinar Conversation About COVID-19 Insurance Claim and Coverage Strategies for Retail and Restaurant Businesses06.24.2020
- Calfee Hosts Webinar With Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Neil Bradley of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce04.30.2020
- "Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 for Registered Investment Advisers and Broker-Dealers," an Article Published in the NSCP Newsletter, CurrentsCurrents, the National Society of Compliance Professionals Newsletter, 05.13.2020
- From the I-495 Outer Belt Capital Beltway (NW of D.C.), take the George Washington Memorial Parkway East
- Follow the George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-66 East
- Follow I-66 East to the E Street Expressway
- Take the E Street Expressway to 18th Street NW and turn LEFT
- Follow 18th Street to H Street and turn RIGHT
- Take H Street to 16th Street NW and turn LEFT
- Follow 16th Street NW to I (eye) Street and turn LEFT
- Arrive at 1627 I Street Army Navy Building (parking is on the RIGHT just before the building)
1627 I Street NW
With 22 million annual visitors and a population of more than 680,000, Washington, D.C. is a hub of government, business and legal activity in the U.S. and globally.
Hotel Close to Calfee's Office
Hampton Inn Washington D.C.
1729 H Street N.W.
Washington DC 20006
Leah Pappas Porner
Partner-in-Charge, Washington, D.C.
1627 I Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20006-4127
Initially conceived to support our Government Relations and Legislation group's expansion into federal-level client advocacy, Calfee's D.C. office now is a regular meeting place for clients and attorneys across all practice groups, industries and sectors.