CLEVELAND, November 1, 2019 — Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP announced today that the firm earned recognition in four practice areas in the 2020 IFLR 1000 law firm and attorney rankings lists: Banking, Capital Markets, M&A and Restructuring and Insolvency.
Four Calfee Partners were recognized as "Highly Regarded Attorneys" in the state of Ohio:
Karl S. Beus, Practice Group Chair, Commercial and Public Finance – "Highly Regarded" in Banking in Ohio.
John J. Jenkins, Partner, Corporate and Capital Markets – "Highly Regarded" in Capital Markets: Debt in Ohio and Capital Markets: Equity in Ohio.
Brent M. Pietrafese, Partner, Corporate and Capital Markets and Leader, Mergers and Acquisitions group – "Highly Regarded" in M&A.
Jennifer L. Vergilii, Partner, Co-Chair, Corporate and Capital Markets – "Highly Regarded" in Capital Markets: Debt in Ohio, Capital Markets: Equity in Ohio, and M&A.
The International Financial Law Review 1000 Guide recognizes the world's leading financial and corporate law firms and lawyers. IFLR1000 has been producing legal market intelligence since 1990 and remains the only international legal directory dedicated to ranking law firms and lawyers on the basis of financial and corporate transactional work.
Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP is a full-service corporate law firm with more than 160 attorneys located in offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio, Indianapolis, New York and Washington, D.C. Calfee has been recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA in Banking and Finance, Corporate/M&A, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, General Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Labor and Employment, and Real Estate and by Chambers HNW in Private Wealth Law. The firm serves clients in the Midwest, nationally and globally in the areas of Business Restructuring and Insolvency, Commercial and Public Finance, Corporate and Capital Markets, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Estate and Succession Planning and Administration, Government Relations and Legislation, Intellectual Property, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Public Utility Regulatory, and Real Estate as well as through its two consultancies, Calfee Strategic Solutions and Calfee Zoning. A founding member of Lex Mundi, Calfee offers international representation through a network of independent law firms with access to 21,000 attorneys located in more than 100 countries. Additional information is available at Calfee.com.
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Litigation
- Business and Fund Formation
- Business Restructuring and Insolvency
- Capital Markets / Securities Transactions
- Charitable Giving
- Commercial and Public Finance
- Corporate and Capital Markets
- Economic Development Incentives
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, Media and the Arts
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Family Offices
- Food and Beverage
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Health Care
- Individuals and Families
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Divestitures and Sales
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Private Equity
- Public / Private Partnership Law
- Public Companies
- Public Company M&A Counseling
- Public Reporting and Corporate Governance
- Real Estate
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Software and Information Technology
- Trade Associations
- Wealth Management