Joshua G. Berggrun, Associate with Calfee's Real Estate Law practice was recently featured on an episode of the "Diversity Matters in the Middle Market" podcast, a collaboration between the the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and Connection Builders.
In the episode, "Creating an Inclusive Culture," Josh discusses how companies and firms can move toward creating a more inclusive workplace and how and why that tends to attract and retain better talent.
The following include some of the key points Josh shares in the podcast discussion:
- Why it’s important to have an inclusive workplace and bring different voices to the table.
- How having an inclusive culture fosters better interactions, internally and externally.
- Josh’s experience at Calfee, Halter & Griswold as a member of the LGBT community.
- How to foster diversity and inclusion by allocating resources and forming committees.
- How law schools can promote more diversity and inclusion, and why it’s essential to do so.
- What organizations can do to make people feel more welcomed.
- How male-dominated industries can benefit from hiring LGBT candidates.
- What Calfee, specifically, is doing to foster diversity and inclusion.
- The importance of taking the initiative to effect change as an ally.