Josh is an Associate attorney working in commercial real estate law. He is experienced in representing clients in real estate transactions, including real estate components of mergers and acquisitions.
Josh represents lenders and borrowers in documenting term and construction loans. He is experienced in leasing office buildings, shopping centers, retail spaces, medical offices, restaurants and warehouses. He also handles real property tax appeals.
Josh earned his J.D. from Elon University School of Law, where he was an Oak Scholar and a Faculty Research Assistant. In addition, he was a member of the Jewish Law Students Association and created a “Semester in Practice” program for law students.
He earned his B.S. in Sports Management from Ithaca College, where he was an All-Academic Student Athlete, served as captain of the men’s varsity tennis team, and participated in an externship at The Kia Oval (England) with the Surrey County Cricket Club.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law (2023-2024)
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, Real Estate (2023)
- “20 in Their Twenties” Honoree, Crain's Cleveland Business (2021)
“Top 25 Under 35 Movers and Shakers” Honoree, The Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club (2021)
“Notable LGBT Executives” Honoree, Crain’s Cleveland Business (2020)
- “12 Under 36” Honoree, Cleveland Jewish News (2019)
J.D., Elon University School of Law, Oak Scholar, 2016
B.S., Sports Management, Ithaca College, 2013
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Hillel Internship Program, Mentor
- Jewish Federation
- Plexus LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Equality Ohio
- Cleveland Jewish News, Board of Directors
News & Events
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- Align Capital Partners' Veterinary Practice Management Platform VetEvolve, a Calfee Client, Acquired Brandermill Animal Hospital in Virginia
- Cleveland Jewish News,
- Ohio Super Lawyers,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Josh Berggrun, Calfee Real Estate Associate, Featured in Diversity Matters in the Middle Market PodcastDiversity Matters in the Middle Market Podcast,
- Crain's Cleveland Business,