Amy counsels clients on the administration of trusts and estates and is experienced with employing a variety of techniques for modifying, reforming and terminating irrevocable trusts.
Amy is a member of the Ohio Women’s Bar Association, the Ohio Bar Association’s Estate Planning and Probate Law Section and the Akron Bar Association’s Probate Law Section.
Her civic activities include the Women’s Network of Northeast Ohio, the Inaugural Class of the Women’s Network/Leadership Akron Community Leadership Institute, Akron Torchbearers Class of 2011, The University of Akron Gift and Estate Planning Committee and the Charles Deering Legacy Advisor Leadership Council of Summa Foundation. As a volunteer, Amy currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Greenleaf Family Center in Akron and has been a Council Member at Trinity Lutheran Church in Kent.
Prior to entering the law profession Amy worked in Information Technology, specifically as a Network Analyst for the Lucas County Auditor, the Technical Platform Manager for Smart Data Strategies, Inc. and as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer consultant.
While in law school at The University of Akron, Amy served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Deborah L. Cook, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Before joining Calfee in 2017, Amy was a Partner in a regional Ohio law firm.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Trusts and Estates (2021)
J.D., summa cum laude, The University of Akron School of Law, Associate Editor of the Akron Law Review, 2006
M.P.A., The University of Toledo, 1996
B.A., Political Science, cum laude, Mount Union College, 1992
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association’s Estate Planning and Probate Law Section, Member
- Akron Bar Association’s Probate Law Section, Member
- Women’s Network of Northeast Ohio, Member
- Inaugural Class of the Women’s Network/Leadership Akron Community Leadership Institute, Member
- Akron Torchbearers Class of 2011
- The University of Akron Gift and Estate Planning Committee, Member
- Charles Deering Legacy Advisor Leadership Council of Summa Foundation
- Greenleaf Family Center in Akron, Board Member
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Kent, Council Member
News & Events
- Seventy-five Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Lists; Three Calfee Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year"The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.24.2020