The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) estimates some $590 million in ransomware payments were reportedly made from January to June 2021. Moreover, hackers are now blatant enough to brand their undertakings as “Ransomware as a Service,” and some reportedly “feel completely safe” from prosecution against their illegal activities in countries such as China.
What are these data breaches and ransomware attacks, and what can you do to help protect your company?
- Calfee NOW Episode 21 with Cincinnati Mayor-Elect Aftab Pureval
- Calfee NOW Episode 20 With Cleveland City Council President Blaine Griffin
- What the Hack?! Data Breaches, Ransomware and How Counsel Can Help
- What Is Lex Mundi and How Does Calfee’s Membership Benefit Its Clients?
- What Can a Certified Legal Project Manager Do for You?
- If a Business Buyer and Seller Can't Agree on Price, Consider an Earnout
- Calfee NOW Episode 19 With Congressman Dave Joyce and Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur
- Calfee NOW Episode 18 With Energy and Utilities Partner Jim Holsclaw
- The DOL’s Cybersecurity Guidance for Employee Benefit Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries, Recordkeepers, Participants and Beneficiaries
- Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance, Discusses Department’s Approach to Regulating Insurance