When the purchaser and the seller of a business are not able to negotiate an agreed-upon price to be paid at closing, one option is to incorporate an earnout provision into the transaction document.
On episode 19 of Calfee NOW, Raymond Tarasuck, Senior Counsel with Calfee's Government Relations and Legislation practice group, and Jamie Gregory, Principal, Federal Government Relations with Calfee's Government Relations and Legislation practice group, spoke with and Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur (D, OH - 9) and Congressman Dave Joyce (R, OH - 14).
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the view points of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary. Updates related to all COVID-19 government assistance programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance are being disseminated from government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- If a Business Buyer and Seller Can't Agree on Price, Consider an Earnout
- Calfee NOW Episode 19 With Congressman Dave Joyce and Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur
- Calfee NOW Episode 18 With Energy and Utilities Partner Jim Holsclaw
- The DOL’s Cybersecurity Guidance for Employee Benefit Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries, Recordkeepers, Participants and Beneficiaries
- Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance, Discusses Department’s Approach to Regulating Insurance
- Ohio Supreme Court to Issue Opinion on Central Issue for COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance Claims
- Calfee NOW Episode 17 With Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Purchasing an Ohio Business? Be Aware of These Potential Liabilities
- Calfee Now Episode 16 With Renee Ligon, Director of Partnerships & Engagement at Team NEO
- Calfee NOW Episode 15 With Congressman Tim Ryan