Thanks to the passage of the CHIPS and Science Act, aimed at encouraging more investment in the tech sector to help produce more semiconductor chips here in the U.S., companies large and small are considering how to invest in the next generation of semiconductor manufacturing and considering lucrative federal incentives as a catalyst to this growth.
In addition to identifying the impact of intercompany transactions and avoidable transfers that may arise in the FTX case, crypto-related bankruptcies typically present unique challenges to creditors and customers.
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs, and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary, Calfee Strategic Solutions, LLC.
Non-legal business services are provided by Calfee Strategic Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Calfee, Halter & Griswold. Calfee Strategic Solutions is not a law firm and does not provide legal services to clients. Although many of the professionals in Calfee’s Government Relations and Legislation group and Investment Management group are attorneys, the non-licensed professionals in this group are not authorized to engage in the practice of law. Accordingly, our non-licensed professionals’ advice should not be regarded as legal advice, and their services should not be considered the practice of law.
Updates related to all government assistance/incentive programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance may be disseminated by government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Proposed Regulations Provide Guidelines for CHIPS ITC
- Calfee NOW: Ohio State Representative Sean Brennan
- Tax Credits Under the CHIPS and Science Act: Proposed Rules Rollout
- The Time Is Now: U.S. Dept. of Commerce Accepting Applications for CHIPS Act Incentives
- A Primer on Purchase Price Adjustments – Middle Market Deal Corner
- Calfee NOW: Congressman Mike Carey
- The Race to Secure CHIPS and Science Act Incentives: Are You Ready?
- A Variety Pack – Understanding The Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors and Science Act of 2022
- How Tech Companies May Mitigate Risk When Expanding Operations in Ohio
- Calfee NOW: Ohio State Representative-Elect Steve Demetriou