Leah has extensive experience leading and defending legislative efforts, including building coalitions and working with stakeholders and trade associations. She has counseled clients regarding issues affecting higher education, Medicaid, utility, charter school, banking, environmental, gaming, technology and housing industries as well as tort reform and civil procedure reform.
Leah has been a well-regarded lobbyist in Ohio since the early 1990s. She has been recognized for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2013-2021) for Government Relations. In 2014, Leah was named "Lawyer of the Year" in Government Relations by Best Lawyers. She also was named one of the “Most Effective Law Firm Lobbyists” by Opinion Strategies Inc.
Currently, she enjoys serving on the COSI Board of Trustees and on the Capital Square Foundation Board. She was selected by Ohio Governor DeWine as a Founding Board Member of the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library.
Leah served as Assistant Deputy Legal Counsel for Ohio’s governor from 1992 to 1995, and she was the Director of Special Counsel for the Ohio Attorney General from 1995 to 1999.
She began her tenure with Calfee in 1999, and was elected Partner in 2002. Leah was elected to the firm’s Executive Committee in 2009 and the Management Committee in 2011. She was named Partner-in-Charge of the Columbus office in 2012.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Government Relations Practice (2013-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Lawyer of the Year," Government Relations (2014)
- Opinion Strategies Inc., “Most Effective Law Firm Lobbyists”
J.D., Capital University Law School, 1992
B.A., Miami University, 1988
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- COSI, Board of Trustees
- Capitol Square Foundation Board, Trustee
- Calfee Women LEAD, Committee Chair
- Bipartisan Judicial Advisory Commission, Member
- Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library, Board of Trustees
News & Events
- Seventy-five Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Lists; Three Calfee Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year"The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.24.2020
- Fifty-three Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- Forty Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Lawyers of the Year and The Best Lawyers in America 201908.15.2018
- Thirty-Seven Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 201811.13.2017
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio