On April 14, 2021, the DOL released a series of long-anticipated cybersecurity tips and best practices for ERISA-covered benefit plans, which include retirement and welfare plans. The guidance is directed at plan sponsors and fiduciaries (and, at least indirectly, plan service providers) as well as plan participants and beneficiaries.
As part of the Calfee NOW video series, the recently appointed Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance (ODI) and prior Ohio Supreme Court Justice, Judith French, sat down for a brief chat with Calfee’s James Sullivan.
Here are some highlights of interest for Calfee’s policyholder clients:
Following up on the prior analyses (here and here) that Calfee’s insurance policyholder practice issued regarding insurance coverage for business interruption losses stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, all eyes continue to be trained on Ohio. On April 14, 2021, the Ohio Supreme Court officially accepted a certified question from the federal Northern District of Ohio that will have broad and sweeping impacts not only on Ohio policyholders, but throughout the U.S.
Being a business owner always carries a certain level of risk. However, the rewards of ownership can be great as well. Whether you own one company or a portfolio of enterprises, you know that leveraging your assets and minimizing your liabilities is key.
On Episode 16 of Calfee NOW, Michael Bowen, Associate with Calfee's Government Relations and Legislation practice group spoke with Renee Ligon, Director of Partnerships & Engagement at Team NEO.
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the view points of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary. Updates related to all COVID-19 government assistance programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance are being disseminated from government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Calfee’s Commitment to Business in Ohio
- Senate Passes CHIPS Act, Incentivizing Intel’s Investment in Ohio
- Calfee NOW: Valerie Pope, Executive Director of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Ohio, on Intel
- Calfee NOW: Congressman Troy Balderson on Intel
- Calfee NOW: Ohio Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Steve Stivers on Intel
- Satisfying Policy Retentions or Deductibles With Other People’s Money
- Calfee NOW Episode 24 With Chris Berry, President and CEO of OhioX
- Who Dey! How to Cheer on Your Cincinnati Bengals Without Committing Trademark Infringement
- Acquiring the Equity of an Entity Taxed as an S Corporation? Consider an “F Reorg.”