As part of the Calfee NOW video series, the recently appointed Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance (ODI) and prior Ohio Supreme Court Justice, Judith French, sat down for a brief chat with Calfee’s James Sullivan.
Here are some highlights of interest for Calfee’s policyholder clients:
Following up on the prior analyses (here and here) that Calfee’s insurance policyholder practice issued regarding insurance coverage for business interruption losses stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, all eyes continue to be trained on Ohio. On April 14, 2021, the Ohio Supreme Court officially accepted a certified question from the federal Northern District of Ohio that will have broad and sweeping impacts not only on Ohio policyholders, but throughout the U.S.
- Calfee NOW Episode 18 With Energy and Utilities Partner Jim Holsclaw
- The DOL’s Cybersecurity Guidance for Employee Benefit Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries, Recordkeepers, Participants and Beneficiaries
- Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance, Discusses Department’s Approach to Regulating Insurance
- Ohio Supreme Court to Issue Opinion on Central Issue for COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance Claims
- Calfee NOW Episode 17 With Judith French, Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Purchasing an Ohio Business? Be Aware of These Potential Liabilities
- Calfee Now Episode 16 With Renee Ligon, Director of Partnerships & Engagement at Team NEO
- Calfee NOW Episode 15 With Congressman Tim Ryan
- No Fear in the Time of COVID
- How Startups Can Avoid Intellectual Property Missteps