At Calfee, we’ve seen the economy grow in various industries across the state of Ohio – most recently with the September 9, 2022, ground-breaking ceremony of the new Intel semiconductor fabrication facility near Columbus. Calfee has been honored to serve clients at the forefront of business development and expansion, delivering sophisticated legal services that meet the unique needs of the companies choosing Ohio as their new home.
Who We Are
As a regional law firm with six offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, New York City, and Washington, D.C., we serve national and international clients efficiently while delivering a high level of service and value. Founded in 1903, Calfee has been recognized for its robust Government Relations and Legislation practice at the state level and in Washington, D.C. Our Government Relations practitioners have developed deep, longstanding relationships with many federal and state officials and organizations, including JobsOhio and InnovateOhio.
We use these ties to our clients’ advantage as we provide comprehensive legal and government advocacy services for companies either located in Ohio or considering a move to Ohio. Our fully integrated and collaborative practice teams – including Corporate and Finance, Intellectual Property Labor and Employment, Construction, Real Estate, Energy and Utilities, Environmental, and Tax Law – work to help clients best position themselves for successfully opening or expanding operations in the state through expert support in the areas of government relations, compliance and regulatory services, public finance, and economic development.
In addition to our legal work, we offer several unique benefits to our Ohio business clients, such as:
- Calfee Connect. Our secure online extranet provides our clients easy access to their project documents and updates.
- Lex Mundi. As the exclusive Ohio law firm member of Lex Mundi, we can access more than 22,000 attorneys around the world to help our clients with any cross-border issue that may arise in the U.S. and globally.
Learn more about our commitment to business in Ohio here: https://www.calfee.com/calfee-supports-businesses-ohio or, contact us via email (email@example.com) or phone (888.Calfee1).
Please subscribe to the CHIPS and Science Act list to receive related future legal alerts, government reports, and event invitations, and follow Calfee on social media for notifications on new blog posts.
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs, and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary, Calfee Strategic Solutions, LLC.
Non-legal business services are provided by Calfee Strategic Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Calfee, Halter & Griswold. Calfee Strategic Solutions is not a law firm and does not provide legal services to clients. Although many of the professionals in Calfee’s Government Relations and Legislation group and Investment Management group are attorneys, the non-licensed professionals in this group are not authorized to engage in the practice of law. Accordingly, our non-licensed professionals’ advice should not be regarded as legal advice, and their services should not be considered the practice of law.
Updates related to all government assistance/incentive programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance may be disseminated by government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Tax Credits Under the CHIPS and Science Act: Proposed Rules Rollout
- The Time Is Now: U.S. Dept. of Commerce Accepting Applications for CHIPS Act Incentives
- A Primer on Purchase Price Adjustments – Middle Market Deal Corner
- Calfee NOW: Congressman Mike Carey
- The Race to Secure CHIPS and Science Act Incentives: Are You Ready?
- A Variety Pack – Understanding The Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors and Science Act of 2022
- How Tech Companies May Mitigate Risk When Expanding Operations in Ohio
- Calfee NOW: Ohio State Representative-Elect Steve Demetriou
- Tips for Tech Companies Hoping to Expand in Ohio Under the CHIPS Act
- FTX’s Free Fall Into Bankruptcy – Will Crypto Investors and Crypto Creditors Lose Again?