At Calfee, we’ve seen the economy grow in various industries across the state of Ohio – most recently with the September 9, 2022, ground-breaking ceremony of the new Intel semiconductor fabrication facility near Columbus. Calfee has been honored to serve clients at the forefront of business development and expansion, delivering sophisticated legal services that meet the unique needs of the companies choosing Ohio as their new home.
Who We Are
As a regional law firm with six offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, New York City, and Washington, D.C., we serve national and international clients efficiently while delivering a high level of service and value. Founded in 1903, Calfee has been recognized for its robust Government Relations and Legislation practice at the state level and in Washington, D.C. Our Government Relations practitioners have developed deep, longstanding relationships with many federal and state officials and organizations, including JobsOhio and InnovateOhio.
We use these ties to our clients’ advantage as we provide comprehensive legal and government advocacy services for companies either located in Ohio or considering a move to Ohio. Our fully integrated and collaborative practice teams – including Corporate and Finance, Intellectual Property Labor and Employment, Construction, Real Estate, Energy and Utilities, Environmental, and Tax Law – work to help clients best position themselves for successfully opening or expanding operations in the state through expert support in the areas of government relations, compliance and regulatory services, public finance, and economic development.
In addition to our legal work, we offer several unique benefits to our Ohio business clients, such as:
- Calfee Connect. Our secure online extranet provides our clients easy access to their project documents and updates.
- Lex Mundi. As the exclusive Ohio law firm member of Lex Mundi, we can access more than 22,000 attorneys around the world to help our clients with any cross-border issue that may arise in the U.S. and globally.
Want To Learn More?
Learn more about our commitment to business in Ohio here: https://www.calfee.com/calfee-supports-businesses-ohio or, contact us via email (email@example.com) or phone (888.Calfee1).
Calfee Connections blogs, vlogs and other educational content are intended to inform and educate readers about legal developments and are not intended as legal advice for any specific individual or specific situation. Please consult with your attorney regarding any legal questions you may have. With regard to all content including case studies or descriptions, past outcomes do not predict future results. The opinions expressed may not necessarily reflect the view points of all attorneys and professionals of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP or its subsidiary. Updates related to all COVID-19 government assistance programs are provided with the most current information made available to Calfee at the time of publication. Clarifications and further guidance are being disseminated from government authorities on an ongoing basis. All information should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application and/or program participation.
- Calfee’s Commitment to Business in Ohio
- Senate Passes CHIPS Act, Incentivizing Intel’s Investment in Ohio
- Calfee NOW: Valerie Pope, Executive Director of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Ohio, on Intel
- Calfee NOW: Congressman Troy Balderson on Intel
- Calfee NOW: Ohio Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Steve Stivers on Intel
- Satisfying Policy Retentions or Deductibles With Other People’s Money
- Calfee NOW Episode 24 With Chris Berry, President and CEO of OhioX
- Who Dey! How to Cheer on Your Cincinnati Bengals Without Committing Trademark Infringement
- Acquiring the Equity of an Entity Taxed as an S Corporation? Consider an “F Reorg.”