Calfee leverages the expertise of our lawyers across multiple practice areas to provide clients with comprehensive legal guidance regarding the structuring, drafting and negotiating various types of commercial contracts, including:
- Purchase and sale order terms and conditions
- Joint venture agreements
- Contract manufacturing agreements
- Supply agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Intellectual property licenses
- Confidentiality/nondisclosure agreements
- Software agreements
- Capital leases
- Consulting, independent contractor, and sales representative agreements
- Government contracts
- Other complex commercial contracts.
We work collaboratively with each client to draft and negotiate contracts that mitigate their identified key business and legal risks and pressure points while optimizing the client’s growth opportunities and goals.
Our advice is proactive, strategic and practical – we work to tailor internal contracting best practices and risk mitigation techniques based on the client’s individual business model, resources and risk profile as well as any unique industry considerations.
We utilize our expertise across multiple practices to address high risk compliance areas, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other data privacy compliance and legal matters, within the scope of the client’s commercial contracts.
We utilize Calfee’s proprietary reporting and other data management programs, which are developed internally by Calfee’s IT department to create customized outputs based on the client’s specific needs. We make the reports available to clients through the use of our industry-leading client extranet technology, which our clients tell us is a significant differentiator from other legal service providers.
- Assisted Nestlé USA, Inc. in the (i) drafting and negotiating of a wide variety of commercial agreements related to all facets of its business operations, including, without limitation, contract manufacturing agreements, supply agreements, construction and professional services agreements, SaaS agreements, subscription and licensing agreements, power purchase agreements, construction and professional design agreements, temporary staffing agreements, and (ii) creation of form agreements to be used across business units, including marketing agreements, employee and third-party waivers and releases, equipment finance agreements, power purchase agreements, construction contracts, and event sponsorship.
- Created a customized sales representative onboarding package – including an offer letter and sales representative agreement with invention assignment and proactive and restrictive covenants – for a client in the medical device and services industry.
- Assisted a service industry client in rolling out a hybrid but uniform employment agreement – at-will versus term, varying degrees of proactive and restrictive covenants based upon role, modified incentive compensation and severance packages based upon division within the company – to better manage the employee-employer relationship.
- Represented a national finance company in the negotiation of several long-term sponsorship and marketing agreements with professional sports franchises and sporting organizations.
- Negotiated agreements with professional sports organizations, such as the NFL, NBA, NCAA and MLB in connection with the production of major sporting events in the City of Cleveland.
- Represented large, publicly traded chemical company based in Northeast Ohio with respect to drafting, negotiating and analyzing a multitude of commercial contracts, including supply agreements, licensing agreements, distribution and sales rep agreements, nondisclosure agreements, quality agreements, etc.
- Provided advice to major pharmaceutical distribution company with respect to HIPAA and other compliance issues that arise from time to time when entering into new commercial contract arrangements.
- Negotiated logistics and transportation agreement with national carrier company for the management of the client’s national logistics and delivery function.
News & Events
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, Media and the Arts
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Food and Beverage
- Health Care
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Software and Information Technology