Tony’s corporate and M&A practice focuses on counseling public and privately owned companies with respect to transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and a wide range of general corporate and business matters such as commercial contracts.
The private equity funds with which Tony has worked include Align Capital Partners, Linsalata Capital Partners and Watervale Equity Partners. Tony has also worked on a variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions and corporate governance matters with public companies such as Installed Building Products Inc. and RPM International Inc.
He was previously an Associate with a Cleveland-area law firm before joining Calfee in 2019.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law (2021)
- Received the Bronze Star Medal, Combat Action Badge, Parachutist Badge and Army Commendation Medal during his service with the United States Army
J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Editor-in-Chief, Cleveland State Law Review, 2013
B.A., magna cum laude, Kent State University, 2006
Mergers & Acquisitions Representative Transactions
- Align Capital Partners and its affiliates in several transactions, including:
- The acquisition of the assets of Southwest Elevators, a leading national independent provider of vertical transportation repair, maintenance, modernization and new construction services
- The acquisition of Marco Rubber & Plastics, a specialty distributor of elastomer components
- Watervale Equity Partners in the acquisition of the equity of Duke Manufacturing, a leading manufacturer of precision-machined components and assemblies used predominately by the aerospace and defense sector
- RPM International Inc. (NYSE: RPM) and its affiliates in numerous acquisitions, including the purchase of the stock of Logiball Inc., a leading manufacturer of trenchless pipe rehabilitation equipment
- Installed Building Products (NYSE: IBP) and its affiliates in several acquisitions, including:
- Purchase of the North Charleston, SC and Pooler, GA branches of Energy One America, LLC, a leading supplier of spray foam, fiberglass, and air barrier insulation services
- Purchase of the assets of Expert Insulation, Inc. and Expert Insulation of Brainerd, Inc., a leading supplier of insulation services in the upper Midwest
- Acquisition of Premiere Building Supply, LLC, a leading provider of insulation and garage door installation services in Utah
- Linsalata Capital Partners and its affiliates in the sale of Signature Systems Group, a manufacturer and distributor of industrial matting and specialty flooring systems
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, Avon Lake, Parish Council
Prior to law school, Tony served four years on active duty with the United States Army, including two combat deployments as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division. He obtained the rank of Captain and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Tony later served as an officer in the Ohio Army National Guard.
News & Events
- Brent Pietrafese Leads Legal Deal Team for Hartzell Propeller Inc. in Acquistion of Tanis Aircraft Products07.22.2021
- Sixty-seven Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Lists; Two Calfee Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year"The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.24.2020