Cindy’s practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution. Her knowledge spans from mechanical devices and software to complex chemical processes and pharmaceutical formulations.
Cindy has counseled a broad range of clients, from individual inventors and startups to Fortune 500 companies, on intellectual property matters, including reviewing disclosures, offering clearance and validity opinions, handling prior art searches, rendering infringement opinions and managing portfolios.
In addition to her work as a patent attorney, Cindy has assisted clients with navigating through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and other regulations related to the possession, trade and export of U.S. controlled assets. In particular, she has helped clients analyze company product, service and technology portfolios to identify and classify assets subject to export controls, register under the ITAR or EAR, and develop, implement and improve export control compliance programs.
Cindy earned her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2009 and her B.S. in Biochemistry from Miami University in 2005.
She joined Calfee from a Cincinnati-based law firm in 2021.
Honors & Recognitions
- Cincy Magazine, "Cincy Leading Lawyers," Intellectual Property (2023)
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2009
B.S., Biochemistry, Miami University, 2005
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
CincyIP, CIO (2015), Vice President (2013 –2015), Secretary (2009 – 2012)
Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member
United Way Emerging Leaders and WINGs, Member
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, Board of Directors, Chair (2016 – 2019)
- "Start-Up 101: Protect Your Tech!," Women in Start-Ups and NAWL Women in Intellectual Property & Tech Law, Panelist, Webinar (September 2021)
News & Events
- Cincy Magazine,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Satellite and Space Technology
- Software and Information Technology
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio