Ann leads finance transactions in all sizes, types and structures, with a particular focus on sponsor-backed acquisition financings. Ann has significant experience in senior and subordinated debt facilities, asset-based financings, syndicated loan transactions, acquisition financing and cross-border and multi-currency transactions. During her years of practice, Ann has represented clients in financing transactions totaling over $3 billion across an array of industries.
Ann is licensed in Ohio, Florida and Illinois and is a member of the ACG Women in Transactions (“WiT”) committee.
She received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Toledo College of Law, where she served as the Note & Comment Editor of the University of Toledo Law Review.
Before joining Calfee as a Partner in 2019, Ann was an Associate at a global law firm. She now serves as Vice Chair of Calfee’s Associates Committee.
Honors & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, Banking (2018, 2021)
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Toledo, 2010
B.A., magna cum laude, The Ohio State University, 2006
- Representation of private credit fund in connection with a cash flow facility extended to a gaming operator.
- Representation of private credit fund in connection with a sponsor’s acquisition of a large premium indoor cycling franchisor.
- Representation of private credit fund in connection with a sponsor’s acquisition of a provider of motor coach services.
- Representation of private credit fund in connection with a senior secured second lien credit facility provided to finance the acquisition of a payment processing company.
- Representation of private credit fund in connection with sponsor’s leveraged buyout of a master distributor of pipes, valves and fittings used in a variety of end markets.
- Representation of business development corporation in connection with sponsor’s acquisition of a digital communications platform providing the underlying infrastructure for companies to transmit transactional and marketing emails.
- Representation of business development corporation in connection with sponsor’s acquisition of a global IT management platform.
- Representation of business development corporation in connection with sponsor’s acquisition of a post-production content editing and finishing service provider for feature films.
- Representation of global bank in connection with a cash flow credit facility extended to a data visualization technology company and its wholly owned Danish subsidiary.
- Representation of global bank in connection with an asset based facility extended to a publicly traded manufacturer.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with its investment and related financing of a technology company.
- Representation of publicly traded steel corporation in the amendment and restatement of its $300 million asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Representation of publicly traded global supplier of technology-based performance materials in its $1.025 billion senior secured term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Representation of publicly traded specialized products and services provider in a strategic acquisition with a total enterprise value of approximately $2.2 billion.
- Representation of sponsor in acquisition and related financing of an o-ring supplier.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Association for Corporate Growth, WiT Committee Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Young Professionals of the American Cancer Society, Past Committee Member
News & Events
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, Media and the Arts
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Food and Beverage
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Health Care
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Software and Information Technology
- Trade Associations