H. Jeffrey Schwartz, Co-Chair of Calfee's Business Restructuring and Insolvency practice and Partner-in-Charge of the firm's New York office, was quoted in an article for the Wall Street Journal titled "Sears Gets Green Light to Wrap Up Bankruptcy Case After 4 Years," by Soma Biswas.
The article discusses the resolution of an ongoing lawsuit between Sears Holdings Corp. and its creditors, including Calfee client Winners Industry Co. Nearly four years after the initial lawsuit was filed, a bankruptcy judge has approved a $180 million settlement.
In the article, Jeffrey explains that because of the settlement, his client Winners Industry Co., a China-based manufacturer of Christmas trees, will finally get the $3 million it was owed for supplying goods to Sears.
Read the full article (note that a subscription may be required to access the article; please contact Jeffrey Schwartz if you are unable to access the article).
Susan M. Kurz
Chief Marketing & Client Development Officer
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Business Restructuring and Insolvency
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, Media and the Arts
- Food and Beverage
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Satellite and Space Technology
- Software and Information Technology