Aaren has experience representing and defending insurance companies in a wide range of coverage issues in state and federal courts. She has handled appeals from both state and federal court judgments at each level, including all technical briefings, oral arguments, en banc reconsiderations, and discretionary appeals to the Ohio Supreme Court. Additionally, Aaren's experience extends to various employment discrimination claims, public utility disputes and professional liability lawsuits.
Aaren also has handled and assisted in all levels of civil litigation, including initial suit analyses, litigation strategy development, settlement recommendations, written discovery, fact and expert depositions, discovery motions, dispositive motions, and trial preparations. In addition to her diverse litigation background, Aaren assists in managing regulatory investigations and counseling regulated companies in implementing business strategies.
She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from Cleveland State University College of Law where she was an award-winning member of the Moot Court Team and was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Constitutional Law. While at Cleveland State University College of Law, Aaren worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor, learning and observing the Ohio Supreme Court’s discretionary review process firsthand. Aaren earned her B.S. degree in Journalism from Ohio University in 2015. There, she worked on several Ohio University publications, including Thread Magazine and The Post.
Prior to joining Calfee in 2021, Aaren was a litigator in the Cleveland office of a large, regional law firm.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch," Appellate Practice and Insurance Law (2022-2023)
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, Appellate (2021-2022)
J.D., cum laude, Cleveland State University College of Law, 2018
B.S., cum laude, Journalism, Minor in History, Ohio University, 2015
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Cleveland State University College of Law, Moot Court Team, Coach (Fall 2019-present)
- Ohio State Bar Association Litigation Committee, Secretary (Spring 2021-present)
- Ohio State Bar Association Litigation Committee, Learning Liaison (Fall 2019-Spring 2021)
- Cleveland State University College of Law Alumni Association, Trustee (June 2021-present)
- Autism Speaks U, Recruitment Chair (September 2013-Present)
News & Events
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Ohio Super Lawyers,
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit