Anthony has represented clients in multi-million-dollar arbitration proceedings and mediations. He joined Calfee in 1999 and became a partner with the firm in 2008.
In 2013, he voluntarily resigned from the partnership to pursue an entrepreneurial interest outside the practice of law. In 2015, he returned to Calfee as a Senior Counsel.
J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University College of Law, Order of the Coif, 1999
B.A., cum laude, Fordham University, Academic All American (Baseball), 1995
- $1.2 million insurance recovery under a Directors & Officers policy
- $1 million insurance recovery under an Employee Practices Liability policy
- Favorable Ohio Supreme Court ruling on behalf of an Ohio municipal corporation in a million dollar tax case.
- Jury defense verdict on behalf of a public utility in an insurance subrogation matter.
- Summary judgment grant on behalf of a publicly traded company in a complex business dispute.
First Chair Trial Experience
- Jury trial of an insurance subrogation matter involving property loss resulting from a fire.
- Jury trial of a multi-million-dollar business dispute involving one of the largest oil refinery expansion projects in the history of the United States.
- Jury trial of a complex construction dispute involving the development of a high-end residential golf community.
- Jury trial of a business dispute involving an explosion at a large chemical manufacturing facility.
- Jury trial of a business dispute involving a sale of goods transaction between a manufacturer and supplier.
- Jury trial of a tort action involving claims for negligent hiring, retention and supervision.
Additional Representative Trial Experience
- Arbitration hearing of a multi-million-dollar construction dispute involving renovations to the United States Supreme Court building (American Arbitration Association Washington D.C.)
- Arbitration hearing of a multi-million-dollar business dispute involving Medicaid billing fraud and breach of contract (American Arbitration Association Cleveland).
- Jury trial of a civil rights action involving the defense of a municipality and several police officers (Ohio federal court).
Representative Litigation Experience
- Representation of companies in business disputes involving contract and business tort matters.
- Representation of policyholders in coverage disputes against insurance carriers.
- Representation of owners, design professionals, contractors, and material suppliers in construction law matters.
- Defense of products liability and other tort claims, including toxic torts, asserted against publicly traded and privately held companies.
- Defense of professional malpractice claims.
- Appellate advocacy, including oral arguments before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, Ohio Supreme Court, and Ohio appellate courts.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit