Jennifer has appeared before trial and appellate courts in numerous jurisdictions across the United States, including the Sixth and Ninth U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal. She also conducts workplace training and counsels employers on issues related to all facets of employment and personnel management, including termination, harassment, pre-employment procedures, disability accommodation and leave procedures, and compliance with state and federal fair credit statutes.
Jennifer regularly drafts and reviews various employment-related documents, including employee handbooks, executive compensation contracts, employment agreements, settlement and release agreements, and policy materials for clients.
Jennifer previously worked as the Assistant Corporate Secretary for The Midland Company / American Modern Insurance group. She was integrally involved in the $1.3 billion sale of the company to Munich Re Group. From 2003 to 2004, Jennifer served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Harry Lee Hudspeth, Senior United States District Court Judge for the Western District of Texas.
Before joining Calfee in 2018, Jennifer was an attorney in the Employment Practice Group of the Cincinnati-based law firm of Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL.
Honors & Recognitions
Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, Employment & Labor, 2012-2018
Cincy Magazine, "Cincy Leading Lawyers," Employment Law, 2018-2020
J.D., UCLA School of Law, Law Review Symposium Editor, 2003
B.S., Cornell University, 2000
- Garcia v. Cintas Corp. No. 3, Case No. CV-12-3064-RMP, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53231 (E.D. Wash. Apr. 12, 2013); Affirmed after briefing and oral argument by Garcia v. Cintas Corp. No. 3, 2015 U.S. App. LEXIS 7175 (9th Cir. Wash., Apr. 30, 2015) (granting and affirming summary judgement in favor of Defendant employer on Plaintiff's claims of disability discrimination and retaliation, failure to accommodate, worker's compensation retaliation, and tortious injury).
- Brooks v. Cincom Systems, Inc., Case No. 1:12-cv-115 (S.D. Ohio June 10, 2013) (granting Defendant's motion for summary judgement on Plaintiff's age discrimination claim).
- Mora v. Walgreen Co., Case No. 2:10-cv-884 (S.D. Ohio Feb. 8, 2013) (granting Defendant's motion for summary judgement on Plaintiff's age, race and national origin discrimination and harassment claims).
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
Targeting Gang Crime: An Analysis of California Penal Code Section 12022.53 and Vicarious Liability for Gang Members, 50 UCLA L. Rev. 685 (2002)
Co-author, The Perversity of Sexual Harassment Law: Effects of Recent Court Ruling, 42 Cornell Hotel and Rest. Admin. Quarterly 1265 (2001)
News & Events
- Cincy Magazine, 01.30.2020
- Cincy Magazine, 01.29.2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California