Britt is a registered patent attorney who tackles complex intellectual property issues for various innovative domestic and international companies. She has significant experience in the chemical and biological arts for global fragrance, flavor, pharmaceutical, and construction chemicals businesses.
She consults with business owners regarding intellectual property procurement and strategy. Britt has counseled clients in all aspects of patent and trademark preparation and prosecution. In particular, she assists clients regarding patentability, validity, infringement, and freedom to operate. She has also conducted trademark right-to-use and right-to-register searches, drafted opinions, and maintained trademark registrations through the maintenance of post-registration requirements. In addition, Britt has facilitated international trademark and patent prosecution for clients.
Britt joined Calfee in 2023 from a Cleveland-area boutique intellectual property law firm, where she gained experience as an intellectual property attorney.
While attending law school, she also worked as an intellectual property law clerk at the same firm for two years. Additionally, she served as a Fellow for the Akron Law Trademark Clinic, where she counseled business owners regarding trademark protection, conducted trademark clearance searches and prepared substantive reports regarding right-to-use and registrability, and prepared trademark applications as well as responses to Office Actions and post-registration maintenance filings.
Britt earned her J.D., magna cum laude, and a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law and Technology from The University of Akron School of Law. She served on the Law Review as an Assistant Editor of the Intellectual Property Edition and as the Associate Editor of Intellectual Property Student Writing. She also has participated in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office’s Patent Drafting Competition, received a CALI Award in Patent Law, and was a member of the school’s Intellectual Property & Technology Law Association.
Honors & Recognitions
- CALI Award - Patent Law & Policy
J.D., magna cum laude, Intellectual Property Law Certificate, The University of Akron School of Law, Associate Editor of Intellectual Property Student Writing and Assistant Editor for the Intellectual Property Edition, Law Review, 2021
B.S., Biology, Minor in Philosophy, Certificate in Bioethics, Cleveland State University, 2017
A.S. and A.A., Lorain County Community College, 2015
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA), Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA), Member
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Volunteer
GENBANK I NATIONAL CENTER FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION
Isolated and identified the following genes through extraction, centrifugation, gel electrophoresis, and comparative genotyping through GenBank:
- AmbT-1530 Ragweed male flower and pollen cDNA library Ambrosia trifida cDNA clone BU-R-1530 5 – similar to Exportin-1 Protein, mRNA sequence
- AmbT-1529 Ragweed male flower and pollen cDNA library Ambrosia trifida cDNA clone BU-R-1529 5 – similar to Lipoprotein, mRNA sequence
- AmbT-1528 Ragweed male flower and pollen cDNA library Ambrosia trifida cDNA clone BU-R-1528 5 – similar to Signal Recognition Particle 14kDa Protein, mRNA sequence
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office