Nicolette has significant experience assisting in integrating employee benefits plans and other human resources-related integration issues associated with mergers and acquisitions, performing due diligence and issue spotting in the context of mergers and acquisitions, and post-closing plan integration and maintenance.
In addition, Nicolette handles executive compensation contracts, 280G analysis, 409A compliance, and severance agreements. She has experience assisting clients by quantifying the impact of golden parachute tax rates and conducting 280G calculations and evaluating and mitigating 280G tax rule impacts.
As a member of Calfee’s Tax practice group, Nicolette assists with counseling governmental issuers, 501(c)(3) entities and underwriters with respect to tax issues related to the issuance of tax-exempt bonds, including the arbitrage and rebate rules and private business use. Nicolette also assists with conducting research for both public and privately owned companies on federal, state and local tax issues in corporate transactions.
Nicolette joined Calfee in 2021 from EY, where she served as a Senior Consultant with EY’s People Advisory Services.
Nicolette earned her Juris Doctorate degree, cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2019. She earned her B.A. in Criminology, magna cum laude, with minors in Philosophy, Psychology and Pre-Law, from Kent State University in 2016. There, she was named Criminology Student of the Year in 2016, and she was a two-time NFCA All-American Scholar Athlete. She played intercollegiate Division I Softball (2012 – 2016).
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2024) and Tax Law (2023-2024)
- CALI Award for Secured Transactions
J.D., cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Managing Editor of Health Matrix: Journal of Law and Medicine, 2019
B.A., magna cum laude, Criminology, Minors in Philosophy, Psychology, and Pre-Law, Kent State University, 2016
News & Events
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,