Mike is well-versed across many facets of corporate law including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and other commercial transactions. He advises closely held and publicly traded companies across multiple industries including financial services, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial, and consumer products.
In addition, Mike represents state funds in their investments in private equity funds.
Mike joined Calfee in 2022 from the Cleveland office of a global law firm, where he gained experience as Principal with their corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity practices.
He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2001, where he served as the Managing Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review. He earned his B.S. in International Politics from Georgetown University.
J.D., magna cum laude, Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Managing Editor, Cleveland State Law Review, 2001
B.S., International Politics, Georgetown University, 1996
- Represented state funds and other institutional investors in connection with the negotiation and structuring of more than 60 limited partnership investments in private equity funds and real estate opportunity funds.
- Represented a publicly held company in its $525 million acquisition of a pump transfer business.
- Represented a publicly-held company in its disposition of an amusement park property.
- Represented a publicly-held company in its acquisition of a resort property.
- Represented a publicly-held company in various acquisitions of quick lube stores.
- Represented a privately-held service firm in its sale to Salesforce.
- Represented a publicly-held company in its disposition of an electronic security business.
- Represented a foreign publicly traded media company in its acquisition of five U.S.-based television production companies.
- Represented a privately held company in its $105 million divestiture of a media character.
- Represented a publicly held company in its $108 million divestiture of its specialty chemicals business.
- Represented the seller in its $130 million divestiture of its farm tire businesses in Latin America and Europe.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a packaging business in Mexico valued at more than $80 million.
- Represented a publicly held bank holding company in its $12 million divestiture of its trust company business.
- Represented a seller in the disposition of a $70 million amusement park.
- Represented a privately held manufacturing business in the disposition of its coatings and metalware businesses.
- Represented a UK-based publicly traded company in its acquisition of a performance adhesives chemicals business.
- Represented the seller in the sale of its metal injection molding business.
- Represented the seller in the sale of its specialty tools and fasteners business.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- American Cancer Society Northern Ohio, Volunteer Leadership Council
News & Events