Lisa has represented landlords and tenants in office, industrial and retail lease negotiations, and purchasers and sellers in real property acquisitions.
Lisa has served as counsel to borrowers and lenders in secured financing transactions involving corporate, nonprofit and health care sector borrowers.
She represents clients in municipal matters, including lot split and zoning issues.
Lisa helps clients complete transactions involving single or multiple site real properties as well as those transactions in which she manages the real property components of corporate mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, public finance and larger commercial finance credit facilities.
She has assisted a variety of client types including corporations, private equity companies, nonprofit organizations and institutions.
Lisa has spoken at seminars presented by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Lisa worked as an associate senior planner for the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission and then practiced law with historical Cleveland firm Kahn Kleinman LPA before joining Calfee in 2006. Lisa is a member of Calfee's Associate Committee.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law (2020-2022)
J.D., cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, CALI Award for Legal Writing, CALI Award for Zoning and Land Use Law, Law Review Articles Editor, 2001
B.S., The Ohio State University, 1992
- Represented religious order in connection with design, zoning and restrictive covenant review required in relation with redevelopment project.
- Represented manufacturer of air handling and ventilation units in sale-leaseback of 180,000 square foot office, manufacturing and warehouse facility. Later represented the same manufacturer in connection with sublease and sub-sublease of the same facility.
- Represented lender in construction financing for historic property having residential and commercial uses, which transaction also involved the issuance of historic tax credits.
- Served as real estate counsel for private equity firm in the asset purchase of a target company engaged in three different business platforms operating out of different locations. Later represented acquired company in the stock purchase and related financing of target company engaged in development, manufacturing and selling of specialized industrial, commercial and military components and tools.
- Represented local private energy provider with respect to two bond issuances and related real property concerns.
- Represented snack food manufacturer with respect to real estate concerns in connection with a bond issuance that funded additions to be made to recently-constructed manufacturing facility. Previously represented this snack food manufacturer with the acquisition and development of the same facility.
- Represented classic motorcycle dealership group in connection with lease negotiation for three different locations in Ohio.
- Served as local counsel in connection with $2.65 billion stock acquisition of pharmaceutical company headquartered in Ohio.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Cleveland Chapter, Member
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center, Former Trustee
News & Events
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- Sixty-seven Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Lists; Two Calfee Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year"The Best Lawyers in America©,
- Fifty-one Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2020
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MCM's Recent Acquisition of Andover Corporation
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MavenHill Capital's Recent Acquisition of Gasser & Sons