Veronica is a registered patent attorney. Veronica’s patent prosecution experience includes drafting and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications, particularly on matters related to chemical engineering, chemistry, and other life sciences. She has experience with patent and copyright litigation, as well as with counseling clients on matters including patentability assessments, invalidity opinions, and freedom-to-operate investigations.
She earned her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, cum laude, with a concentration in Law, Technology and the Arts. She is the author of an article in the CWRU Law Review regarding the issue of patentable subject matter under 35 U.S.C. § 101 in the wake of the Supreme Court’s 2012 decision in the case Mayo Collaborative Services, et al. v. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc. Veronica received her B.S. in Chemical Engineering from The University of Akron.
Veronica joined Calfee in 2013.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent (2022-2024), and Patent Law (2024)
J.D., cum laude, Case Western Reserve School of Law, Law Review 2011-2013, concentration in Law, Technology and the Arts, 2013
B.S., Chemical Engineering, The University of Akron, 2010
News & Events
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- Obama Signs Into Law Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act, Including Notice Requirement for Agreements Governing Trade Secrets
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit