Maddie has advised private and public clients on pressing regulatory issues, including contract disputes, public utility disputes and issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic, among others. Maddie has represented clients in diverse industries with matters in state court, federal court and administrative tribunals. She has experience leading discovery for state and federal cases by conducting depositions, drafting and responding to discovery requests and coordinating with experts, when necessary. She has performed document review for complex matters, including revising all documents for the Chapter 7 Trustee in a multi-million-dollar bankruptcy filing. In addition, she has conducted research and drafted documents including dispositive motions, complaints, demand letters, and client-facing and internal memoranda.
Maddie joined Calfee in 2021 from a regional law firm where she gained experience as a Litigation Associate. She served as a Judicial Extern for Justice Patrick Fischer of the Supreme Court of Ohio, where she assisted the justice and judicial clerks in proceedings and pretrial conferences, prepared bench memoranda and drafted judicial opinions on civil and criminal cases. Prior roles also include Compliance Intern with the Abercrombie & Fitch legal department in Columbus, Ohio, and Policy Legal Fellow with Young Invincibles in Washington, D.C.
Maddie earned her J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2019, where she served as Articles Editor and Executive Board Member of The Ohio State Business Law Journal, as well as Board Member and Social Committee Chair of the Student Bar Association. Maddie was also a Moritz Admissions Ambassador and Mentor for incoming Moritz College of Law students. She earned her B.A., cum laude, in Economics and Public Policy from Tulane University.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Insurance Law (2023-2024), and Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Labor and Employment (2024)
J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Articles Editor, Executive Board Member of The Ohio State Business Law Journal, 2019
B.A., Economics and Public Policy, cum laude, Tulane University, 2016
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Junior League of Cincinnati, Member
- Meals on Wheels, Volunteer
News & Events
- 93 Calfee Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Award Recipients; 6 Named “Lawyers of the Year”The Best Lawyers in America, 2024 edition,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio