For 116 years, Calfee has focused on providing insightful legal and business counsel to clients. As both our clients' organizations and our firm continue to grow and transition into the future, we are committed to maintaining the optimal leadership and practice structure – and one that benefits from diverse perspectives – to deliver on client service goals.
Firm and Practice Group Leadership
We are pleased to announce the following firm and practice leadership additions, which will be effective January 1, 2020:
Newly Elected Partners
Calfee congratulates our two newly elected partners (effective date January 1, 2020):
Lindsey E. Sacher joined the Litigation practice group in Calfee’s Cleveland office in 2011 after earning her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Her practice focuses on tort claims involving personal injury, property damage, and other tort causes of action, as well as insurance recovery, antitrust, and business and contract disputes.
Jaclyn M. Vary joined Calfee’s Cleveland office in 2016 after earning her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2012. A member of the firm's Estate and Succession Planning and Administration practice group, Jackie counsels individuals, families and businesses primarily in the areas of estate planning and administration, corporate law, nonprofit law, trust administration and related legal matters.
We are pleased to introduce the following attorneys and professionals who joined the firm this year:
Sara S. Blair, Associate, Intellectual Property and Environmental Law, Cleveland.
- Daniel W. Bowen, Associate, Intellectual Property, Columbus.
Michael W. Bowen, Associate, Government Relations and Legislation and Litigation, Cleveland and Columbus.
Phillip A. Casey, Partner and Co-Chair, Public Utility Regulatory, Indianapolis.
- Nicole K. Coumou, Associate, Estate and Succession Planning and Administration, Cleveland.
Anthony J. Cox, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland.
- Daniel M. Criswell, Associate, Commercial and Public Finance, Corporate and Capital Markets and Real Estate Law, Cleveland.
- Michael P. Farrell, Associate, Commercial and Public Finance and Corporate and Capital Markets, Columbus.
Jamie Gregory, Principal, Calfee Strategic Solutions – Federal Government Relations and Policy, Washington, D.C.
- Sarah L. Grosswiller, Associate, Intellectual Property, Cleveland.
Patrick D. Hayes, Senior Counsel, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Washington, D.C.
- Riya A. Kurian, Associate, Litigation, Cleveland.
- Adam J. Philipp, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland.
H. Jeffrey Schwartz, Partner and Co-Chair, Business Restructuring and Insolvency, New York and Cleveland.
Ann Z. Seger, Partner, Commercial and Public Finance, Cleveland.
- Mark D. Tupa, Jr., Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland.
- Larry K. Wilcher, Of Counsel, Commercial and Public Finance, Cincinnati.
In addition to significantly adding to the firm's talent pool this past year, Calfee also opened two new offices in Indianapolis and New York.
The skills, experience and diverse viewpoints being brought to our leadership teams and to our existing and new practice groups and offices will ensure that Calfee’s distinctive history of nurturing exceptionally talented professionals dedicated to delivering sophisticated legal and business solutions and value to our clients will continue well into the future.
Brent D. Ballard