Maureen works with families and individuals to plan their legacy and implement their estate plan. She drafts and administers sophisticated estate planning instruments, such as irrevocable gift trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts. She also has experience assisting with the creation of charitable entities. Her knowledge of the estate and trust administration process from start to finish helps her assist clients with strategically titling and transferring assets.
Maureen has extensive experience in estate and trust administration, including representing executors in probate court and counseling trustees on their fiduciary duties. Maureen also has experience administering complex trusts holding closely held business interests. Part of her practice includes preparing Form 706 United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax) Returns and advising on other estate and trust tax matters.
As a former Cuyahoga County Probate Court clerk, Maureen also advises on various probate litigation matters, including estate and trust disputes and declaratory judgment actions.
Maureen earned her J.D., cum laude, from the Cleveland State University College of Law in 2018, where she served as the Executive Submissions Editor for the Global Business Law Review. While in law school, Maureen held an externship with the Cleveland Metroparks Office of the General Counsel.
Maureen earned her B.A. in History and Political Science from Baldwin Wallace University.
Maureen joined Calfee in 2016 as a paralegal and was hired as an attorney in the Estate and Succession Planning and Administration group in 2018. She is currently an Associate.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch," Trusts and Estates (2023)
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland State University College of Law, 2018
- B.A., Baldwin Wallace College, 2012
News & Events
- Calfee Estate Planning Attorneys Jaclyn Vary and Maureen Pavicic Co-Author Article "Estate Planning Considerations for Cryptocurrency and Cryptographic Tokens"Crain's Cleveland Business,
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Estate Planning Partner Jaclyn Vary and Associate Maureen Pavicic Co-Author an Article for CURRENTS MagazineCURRENTS Magazine,