For more than 10 years, Larry served as Group Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary to Bass Pro Group, LLC (BPG). BPG is the holding company for Bass Pro Shops® and Cabela’s®, retailers of outdoor recreational products; Big Cedar, LLC, operator of outdoor themed resorts; and White River Marine Group, LLC, the world’s largest builder of fishing and recreational boats with brands including Mako®, Nitro®, Triton®, Tracker®, Ranger® and Regency®.
As General Counsel, he supported the company's $5.5 billion acquisition of Cabela's Incorporated. Larry also led the acquisition of Fishing Holdings, LLC, manufacturer of Ranger® and Triton® boats, and asset purchase of Legend boats.
Larry was previously a Partner with Wyatt Tarrant & Combs, LLP, where he focused his practice on general business matters including mergers and acquisitions, SEC defense, corporate governance and crisis management.
He also served as General Counsel and Secretary to Dollar General Corporation where he was responsible for the law, real estate, risk management and internal audit departments. He represented Dollar General in government affairs matters with the Senate Majority Whip, Senate Minority Leader, Speaker of the House, Chairman of House Appropriations Committee, other members of Congress, and the Executive Branch.
Larry joined Calfee's Cincinnati office in 2019.
Honors & Recognitions
Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Rating
J.D., Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 1984
B.S., St. Louis College of Pharmacy, 1973
“Advanced Negotiation”, Harvard Law School
“Negotiation”, Harvard Law School
“Mediation”, Harvard Law School
“Making Corporate Boards More Effective”, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration
“Directors’ College”, Stanford Law School
Representation of Winners Industries Ltd as Administrative Vendor Claimant in Sears, Inc., Mega Chapter 11 Cases.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
McKinsey & Company's Online Executive Panel, member
- Contributor, Economic Conditions Snapshot, June 2020, McKinsey & Company
Kentucky Authority for Educational Television, Director; Chairman, Finance Committee of Board of Directors, 2004-2007
- KET is the largest public educational television network in the United States. Television service is provided to the Commonwealth of Kentucky and portions of seven contiguous states through eighteen transmission stations. More than 1,000,000 persons have earned a GED through educational programs developed by KET.
Allen County Kentucky Planning Commission, Chairman, 1998-2007
- Sustainable, smart growth and environmental governance were the guideposts of this land use regulatory commission.
Allen County Kentucky Industrial Development Authority, Director, 1991-2005
- Community industrial development authority created more than 2,000 new manufacturing jobs with companies such as Smucker's, Sumitomo and Halton Group Americas, Inc.
Leadership Kentucky, Director; Member Executive Committee, 1996-2001
- Leadership Kentucky develops diverse persons to assume leadership roles in business, non-profits, government and education.
"Rights and Liabilities of Minority and Majority Shareholders," Kentucky Business Organizations, University Press of Kentucky.
"One Size Does Not Fit All," Corporate Governance and Compliance Client Strategies, Aspatore Books.