Kevin joined Calfee in 2023 with more than three years of tax compliance and consulting experience gained while serving as a Senior Tax Consultant in M&A Transaction Services at Deloitte. While there, he worked on tax matters related to M&A transactions with deal values between $50 million - $2 billion. Kevin managed buy-side projects from bidding to closing, including conflict checks, nondisclosure agreements, third-party access letters, tax structuring, tax due diligence reporting, and purchase/merger agreement reviews. His other responsibilities included consulting private equity and strategic clients on buy-side and sell-side projects.
Prior to Deloitte, Kevin worked as a Business Tax Compliance/Consulting Senior Associate at RSM US LLP, where he prepared tax returns for partnerships, S corporations, charitable remainder trusts, and high-net-worth individuals. In addition, Kevin prepared C corporation income tax provisions and assisted the audit team with tax provision review engagements.
During law school, Kevin served as a judicial extern for the Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County (Law Division, Tax & Miscellaneous), where he reviewed and analyzed cases on post-judgment matters, including citations, orders to show cause, turnover orders, and unemployment insurance disputes.
Prior to law school, Kevin served for two years as an investigator, translator, and security force member in the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF). He evaluated and translated numerous security agreements entered by and between ROKAF and the U.S. Air Force and participated in weekly negotiations related to said agreements. For his service, he was named “Top Soldier of the Year” out of a battalion of 130 soldiers by the commander of the security forces.
Honors & Recognitions
- College of Law Scholarship, J. Nelson Young Scholarship (Top Achiever Award – Tax Law), University of Illinois College of Law
- Dean's List Selection Scholarship, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Top Soldier of the Year, Republic of Korea Air Force, Osan Air Base Battalion
J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, J. Nelson Young Scholarship (Tax Law), 2019
B.A., Political Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Dean's List Selection Scholarship, 2016
- Calfee served as sole corporate legal counsel to a private holding company and its stockholders in a complex transaction providing liquidity for the client while maintaining their majority ownership interest in their operating companies. The ongoing transaction involves a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly traded Canadian private equity firm investing multi-million dollars in a wholly owned subsidiary of Calfee's client company for a combination of preferred and common equity.
News & Events
- Calfee Connections,
- *Admitted in Illinois. Admitted in Ohio for Practice Pending Admission.