For 115 years, Calfee has focused on providing insightful legal and business counsel to clients. As both our clients and our firm continue to grow and transition into the future, we are committed to maintaining the optimal leadership and practice structure – and one that benefits from diverse perspectives – to deliver on client service goals.
We are pleased to announce the following transitions, which will be
effective January 1, 2019:
- Calfee’s longtime Chairman, Thomas F. McKee, will assume the new position of Senior Chairman. Tom will remain actively engaged in serving many of the firm’s long-standing clients, advising on client Board matters, governance issues, capital market/M&A transactions and private equity matters. Tom joined Calfee in 1975 and has served on the Management Committee since its formation in 1999.
Douglas A. Neary has been elected to the role of firm Chairman. Doug is a partner with the Corporate and Capital Markets group serving clients’ legal needs in the areas of M&A, corporate governance, securities law, compliance, and corporate finance. Doug joined Calfee in 1985 and has served on the firm’s Management Committee since 2009.
Mitchell G. Blair will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the firm. A partner and former Chair of the Litigation practice group, Mitch joined Calfee in 1982 and has been a member of the Management Committee since 2009.
Maura L. Hughes has been elected to Calfee’s Management Committee. In addition to serving as Co-Chair of the Litigation practice group, she serves as the firm’s General Counsel. Maura joined Calfee in 1994 and has served clients as a Litigation partner for the past 15 years.
Colleen M. O’Neil will serve as Vice Chair of Calfee’s Litigation practice group, providing additional support and insights in collaboration with Litigation Co-Chairs, Maura Hughes and Christopher S. Williams.
Virginia D. Benjamin will continue serving clients in her new role as Senior Counsel. GiGi joined Calfee in 1976, became the firm’s first female partner in 1983, and has served for many years as Chair of the firm’s Public Finance practice group.
Newly Elected Partners
Calfee welcomes two newly elected partners, both in our Corporate and Capital Markets practice group:
Gwen Gillespie Herman joined Calfee’s Cleveland office in 2010 after earning her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2009. Her practice focuses on representing both buyers and sellers from a broad cross-section of industries in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. She also has worked on real estate matters for clients.
Michael B. Hurley joined Calfee’s Cincinnati office in 2014 after earning his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2011 and his M.B.A. from the University of Cincinnati College of Business in 2010. Michael represents businesses on formations, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and venture capital arrangements. He also serves as outside general counsel to a number of private companies.
We are pleased to introduce the following attorneys who joined (or will be
joining in the next week or so) the firm this year:
- Michael C. Campbell, Senior Attorney, Intellectual Property, Columbus
- Jennifer W. Colvin, Senior Counsel, Labor and Employment, Cincinnati
- Anthony J. Cox, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland
- Sarah M. Fairchild, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland
- Colleen Geib, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland
- Kari D. Hehmeyer, Associate, Litigation, Columbus
- Brendan L. Heil, Associate, Litigation, Cleveland
- Zachary LaFleur, Associate, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Cleveland
- David V. Monateri, Associate, Intellectual Property, Cleveland
Maureen T. Pavicic, Staff Attorney, Estate and Succession Planning and Administration, Cleveland
- Andrew M. Simon, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cincinnati
- Mark D. Tupa, Jr., Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland
- Lydia E. Warkentin, Associate, Corporate and Capital Markets, Cleveland
- Joshua White, Associate, Intellectual Property, Cleveland
- Brandon A. Wojtasik, Associate, Litigation, Cleveland
The talent, experience, and diverse viewpoints being brought to our leadership roles and to our practice groups will ensure that Calfee’s proud history of dedicated client service will continue well into the future.
Brent D. Ballard