This position will assist attorneys in the Estate and Succession Planning and Administration practice with tax preparation and the administration of trusts and estates. This individual will be self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Assisting with preparation of Federal Estate Tax Returns (Form 706), Federal Gift Tax Returns (Form 709), Federal Estate & Trust Income Tax Returns (Form 1041)
- Coordinate with accountants and attorneys to provide information for preparation of income tax returns
- Preparation of Forms SS-4 and obtaining taxpayer identification numbers for estates and trusts
- Assist with tax authority audit responses
- Prepare trust reports and trust accountings, notices of trust and Crummey notices
- Assist with gathering asset information including obtaining valuations of assets and retitling and processing assets
- Maintain accounts including but not limited to payment of expenses and check registers for fiduciaries
- Assist attorneys with the administration of decedent’s trusts and estates: calendar deadlines and notice of hearings
- Prepare deeds and supporting documents to transfer title to real property to trusts or LLCs
- Coordinate distributions to beneficiaries including calculation of distribution of assets, preparation of receipts, waivers and consents
- Prepare and file probate court documents: initial documents, inventories, accountings, motions, proofs of service, guardian ad litem petitions, etc.
- Assist with drafting pleadings for various probate court actions
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years or more experience in trust and estate administration, to include experience preparing and filing of Federal Estate Tax Returns (Form 706), Federal Gift Tax Returns (Form 709), Federal Estate & Trust Income Tax Returns (Form 1041)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Federal Estate Tax law and procedure
- Skill in the use of software systems and tax programs: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat DC, and Power Point
- Detail oriented; excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Davis, Professional Recruiting Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.