GiGi’s representative experience encompasses virtually all types of public finance for municipalities, counties, the State of Ohio and related agencies, including airport, water and sewer system revenue bonds, single and multifamily housing, healthcare financing, long-term care financing, industrial revenue bond financing and tax increment financing.
She also led the firm’s engagement as counsel to the Ohio Department of Transportation in connection with the Southern Ohio Veterans Memorial Highway, the Department’s first design/build/finance/operate/maintain project.
GiGi began her tenure with Calfee in 1976, becoming a partner in 1983. She served on the firm’s executive committee from 2001-2004 and 2009-2016, and she served as the long-standing Chair of Calfee's Public Finance practice.
Honors & Recognitions
- Frederick O. Kiel Distinguished Service Award, National Association of Bond Lawyers (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Public Finance Law (2005-2023)
- “Lawyer of the Year” for Public Finance in Cleveland, The Best Lawyers in America© (2017)
- Jurisprudence Award, ORT America-Northeast Ohio Region (2014)
- “Woman of Achievement,” YWCA Greater Cleveland (2013)
- "Woman of Note,” Crain’s Cleveland Business (2012)
- Athena Award Finalist, Inside Business (2012)
- City Year Cleveland’s Community Champion Award (2005)
- “Rainmaker,” Northern Ohio Live Magazine (2005)
J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude, 1976
A.B., Smith College, 1973