A Partner in Calfee's Litigation practice, Trevor regularly represents banks, public utilities, and both publicly traded and privately held companies.
Since 2017, Trevor has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List,” a listing of the top litigation attorneys in the U.S. and Canada aged 40 or younger. He was named a 2018-2019 “Top Litigator Under 40,” a subset of the “40 & Under Hot List.” Benchmark Litigation is the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. He is also AV Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Trevor is a member of the Ohio and Columbus Bar Associations and became a member of the Capital University Alumni Advisory Board in 2018. He is a former trustee of Capital University Football Alumni Association
Trevor earned his J.D., cum laude, from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he was the associate editor of The Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution. He earned his B.A., summa cum laude, from Capital University where he was voted First Team Academic All-American.
Trevor joined Calfee in 2006 and became partner in 2015.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America©, Energy Regulatory Law, 2020
Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List,” a listing of the top litigation attorneys in the U.S. and Canada aged 40 or younger, for Energy and Natural Resources Law and Utility Law, 2017-2019
Benchmark Litigation’s “Top Litigator Under 40,” a subset of the “40 & Under Hot List,” 2018-2019
Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent peer review rated
J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, associate editor of The Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution, 2006
B.A., summa cum laude, Capital University, 2003
Trevor’s representative experience in the litigation area includes:
- Representing three electric distribution utilities in a contested multi-billion-dollar electric security plan proceeding. PUCO Case No. 14-1297-EL-SSO.
- Obtaining summary judgment for a municipal utility in a $188 million class action regarding alleged customer overcharges. The Court held for the municipal utility on all claims, and completely rejected the theory proposed by the municipal utility’s former director. Cuyahoga Co. Case No. CV-15-852708.
- Successfully defending a claim on an $86 million letter of credit in a contested contractual dispute between a competitive retail electric service provider and a governmental aggregator. Summit Co. Case No. CV-2016-10-4591.
- Representing the world’s leading transportation network company in various Ohio PUCO proceedings.
- Obtaining summary judgment against a municipal utility attempting to force a non-municipal resident to accept service under Ohio’s constitutional home rule provisions and Certified Territory Act. Belmont Co. Case No 17-CV-218; PUCO Case No. 17-1750-EL-CSS.
- Representing the purchaser of a publicly-traded natural gas utility holding company and obtaining PUCO approval of the associated merger transaction. PUCO Case No. 16-2251-GA-UNC.
- Representing natural gas utilities in base distribution rate case proceedings. PUCO Case No. 18-1720-GA-AIR.
- Acting as national compliance counsel for one of the country’s largest competitive retail electric service providers.
- Procuring PUCO approval for the merger of four natural gas utilities. PUCO Case No. 18-1485-GA-ATA.
- Obtaining several million in direct customer benefits for a municipal client as part of a contested Electric Security Plan proceeding. PUCO Case No. 16-395-EL-SSO.
- Obtaining modifications to a natural gas utility’s service tariff on behalf of industrial customer. PUCO Case No. 18-298-GA-AIR.
- Obtaining a $27.8 million judgment in a bank fraud proceeding. S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:07-CV-851.
- Obtaining an arbitration award in excess of $1.7 million for breach of an Asset Purchase Agreement.
- Representing a competitive retail electric provider before the Ohio Supreme Court in several rate cases. Ohio Supreme Court Case No. 13-228, PUCO Case No. 10-2929-EL-UNC, PUCO Case No. 11-351-EL-AIR.
- Representing an Ohio municipality in PUCO proceedings relating to government aggregation. PUCO Case No. 14-1990-EL-GAG.
- Representing an international automotive manufacturer in PUCO proceedings relating to distribution network adequacy and rate structure. PUCO Case No. 15-1830-EL-AIR.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
Ohio Bar Association, member
Columbus Bar Association, member
Capital University Alumni Advisory Board, member, 2018-present
Capital University Football Alumni Association, trustee, 2008-2009
News & Events
- Fifty Three Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- Trevor Alexander and David Bules Selected for Inclusion in Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List07.01.2019