A Partner in Calfee's Litigation practice, Trevor regularly represents banks, public utilities, and both publicly traded and privately held companies.
Since 2017, Trevor has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List,” a listing of the top litigation attorneys in the U.S. and Canada aged 40 or younger. He was named a 2018-2019 “Top Litigator Under 40,” a subset of the “40 & Under Hot List.” Benchmark Litigation is the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. He is also AV Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Trevor is a member of the Ohio and Columbus Bar Associations and became a member of the Capital University Alumni Advisory Board in 2018. He is a former trustee of Capital University Football Alumni Association
Trevor earned his J.D., cum laude, from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he was the associate editor of The Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution. He earned his B.A., summa cum laude, from Capital University where he was voted First Team Academic All-American.
Trevor joined Calfee in 2006 and became partner in 2015.
Honors & Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List,” a listing of the top litigation attorneys in the U.S. and Canada aged 40 or younger, for Energy and Natural Resources Law and Utility Law, 2017-2019
- Benchmark Litigation’s “Top Litigator Under 40,” a subset of the “40 & Under Hot List,” 2018-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent peer review rated
J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, associate editor of The Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution, 2006
B.A., summa cum laude, Capital University, 2003
Trevor’s representative experience in the litigation area includes:
- Representing three electric distribution utilities in a contested multi-billion-dollar electric security plan proceeding.
- Representing a municipal electric utility in a $128 million class action alleging improper billing practices.
- Successfully defending a claim on an $86 million letter of credit in a contested contractual dispute between a competitive retail electric service provider and a governmental aggregator.
- Representing the world’s leading transportation network company in Ohio PUCO proceedings.
- Obtaining summary judgment against a municipal utility attempting to force a non-municipal resident to accept service under Ohio’s constitutional home rule provisions and Certified Territory Act.
- Representing the purchaser of a publicly-traded natural gas utility holding company and obtaining PUCO approval of the associated merger transaction.
- Obtaining several million in direct customer benefits for a municipal client as part of a contested Electric Security Plan proceeding.
- Obtaining a $27.8 million judgment in a bank fraud proceeding.
- Obtaining an arbitration award in excess of $1 million for breach of an Asset Purchase Agreement.
- Representing a competitive retail electric provider in several major rate cases before the PUCO.
- Representing a public utility before the Ohio Supreme Court in a contractual dispute.
- Representing a competitive retail electric provider before the Ohio Supreme Court in several rate cases.
- Obtaining the dismissal of a complaint against a public utility alleging violation of a FERC approved tariff.
- Representing an Ohio municipality in PUCO proceedings relating to government aggregation.
- Representing an international automotive manufacturer in PUCO proceedings relating to distribution network adequacy and rate structure.
- Representing electric and natural gas brokers in PUCO proceedings.
- Achieving the dismissal of a coordinated series of Consumer Sales Practices Act claims against electronic marketers.
- Obtaining judgment for a regional bank facing claims of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing employers enforcing non-competition claims both in Ohio and across the country.