Thomas has extensive experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications. He is well-versed in prosecuting trademark applications, coordinating national and international patent filings for clients, and pursuing intellectual property protection in the United States for international clients.
Throughout his career, Thomas has drafted and prosecuted patent applications relating to a variety of technologies, including:
- Optical Devices
- Integrated Electro-Optical Systems
- Radar and Lidar Systems
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Signal and Image Processing
- Electrochemical Devices
- Control Systems
- Rocket Guidance
- Cryptology and Quantum Optical Communications
- Healthcare Software
- Mechanical Systems
He joined Calfee in 2022 from the firm of Medley, Behrens & Lewis LLC.
Thomas earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2015, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif honor society and served as the Articles Editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. He earned his B.A. in Political Science and his B.S. in Electrical Engineering, cum laude, from Ohio University in 2012, concentrating his studies on control systems, microelectronics and integrated systems.
J.D., magna cum laude, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor of Ohio State Law Journal, 2015
B.S., cum laude, Electrical Engineering, and B.A., Political Science, Ohio University, 2012
- “Space Rocks: A Proposal to Govern the Development of Outer Space and Its Resources” 76 Ohio St. L.J. 217 (2015)
News & Events
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee’s Intellectual Property Practice Adds Four Attorneys From Respected IP Law Firm That Specializes in Representing High Tech Companies