Commercial Finance and Banking
Mona focuses her practice on representing national, regional and local banks, SBA lenders, other financial institutions, private equity sponsors, and companies in secured and unsecured commercial loan and lending transactions.
Mona has experience structuring, documenting, and negotiating various types of loan transactions, including asset-based and cash-flow-based transactions, term loans, revolving facilities, and construction loans, mezzanine financings, subordinated debt placements, syndicated and single-lender facilities, acquisition financing, working capital financing, and equipment financing. Mona's loan transaction experience also includes loan originations and refinancing, loan maintenance and modifications, loan restructurings, and collateral issues.
Mona’s practice encompasses various types of public finance issues, including acting as bond counsel in both general obligation and conduit bond and note financings for municipalities, counties, the State of Ohio, colleges and universities, and utility companies, and serving as underwriter’s counsel for national and regional underwriters of tax-exempt and taxable bond issues.
Mona’s public finance transaction experience also includes preparing indentures and supplemental trust agreements, official statements and offering memorandums, bond purchase agreements, continuing disclosure agreements, blue sky surveys, ordinances, among others.
Mona earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2011. At Cleveland-Marshall, she was the Research Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review, won awards in a Moot Court competition and was the winner of the Suggs I. Garber Award for Highest Academic GPA in Business Organizations and Taxation and the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Antitrust, Taxation I, Mergers & Acquisitions, Estates & Trusts, Employment Law, Legal Profession, and Torts. She also won a Pro Bono and Community Service Award.
While in law school, Mona held concurrent externships with Ohio Supreme Court Justice Maureen O’Connor and Judge Randolph Baxter of the United States Bankruptcy Court, N.D.
Mona earned her B.A. Degree in English from Shijiazhuang University of Economics in China in 2004.
She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and proficient in English-to-Chinese and Chinese-to-English translation.
Mona joined Calfee in 2011.
J.D., summa cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2011
B.A. in English, Shijiazhuang University of Economics, China, 2004
News & Events
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MCM's Recent Acquisition of Andover Corporation12.21.2018
- Mergers and Acquisitions Co-Leader, Brent Pietrafese, Leads Legal Deal Team for MavenHill Capital's Recent Acquisition of Gasser & Sons12.03.2018
- Calfee Attorneys Led the Legal Deal Team for CapitalWorks LLC in the Sale of its Investment in Capewell Aerial Systems10.04.2018
- Calfee Attorneys Led the Legal Deal Team for Cache Creek Industries and Rockmont Capital in Their Acquisition of Mountain Secure Systems06.11.2018
- CMS Adjusts “PFS Relativity Adjuster” Further Downwards for Non-Excepted Off-Campus Provider-Based Hospital Departments11.14.2017
- Lack of a Written Business Associate Agreement with a Vendor and Careless Handling of HIV Information Result in Significant Settlements05.26.2017
- Chinese (Mandarin)