Mark represents clients in administrative proceedings, mediation and arbitration, and litigation in both state and federal courts.
Mark was named an “Up and Coming Attorney” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2015 and was awarded “Thirty Under Thirty” by the St. Louis Business Journal in 2014. He was Saint Louis University School of Law “Student of the Year” in 2012 and was also awarded Saint Louis University Law Community Service Award and other Academic Excellence awards.
At Miami University, he won the Atlee Pomerene Senior Prize for Outstanding Scholarship and the Alan and Sondra Engel Prize for Outstanding Promise in the Field of Law. He was also a member of the University Honors and Scholars Program.
He was a Fellow of the New Leaders Council and is a former corps member of Teach for America.
Mark joined Calfee in 2016.
Honors & Recognitions
Missouri Lawyers Weekly, “Up and Coming Attorney,” 2015
St. Louis Business Journal, “Thirty Under Thirty” Award, 2014
J.D., magna cum laude, Saint Louis University School of Law, 2012
B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, Miami University, 2007
- Representing an electric distribution utility in a contested multi-billion-dollar electric security plan proceeding.
- Representing municipalities in contested multi-million-dollar rate case and electric security plan proceedings.
- Successfully defending a claim on an $86 million letter of credit in a contested contractual dispute between a competitive retail electric service provider and a governmental aggregator.
- Representing individual plaintiffs as lead counsel against various state actors for Section 1983 civil rights violations.
- Representing national telecommunications provider in a putative class action suit involving alleged local municipal ordinance violations.
- Obtaining judgment for breach of contract on behalf of a semi-trailer rental and leasing company.
- Obtaining dismissal of a complaint against an international lending institution alleging violation of various state and federal consumer protection claims.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of an international lending institution for breach of contract claims.
- Obtaining a favorable, out-of-court settlement on behalf of a regional nursing home facility alleging breach of contract, negligence, and fraud claims.
- Achieving dismissal of a breach of contract and negligence action against a commercial realtor.
- Obtaining a favorable, out-of-court settlement on behalf of a national marketing company against a foreign corporation for breach of contract.
- Representing, pro bono, individual petitioners against domestic abusers in order of protection proceedings.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
New Leaders Council, former fellow
Teach for America, former corps member
News & Events
- Missouri (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri