Lindsey is a trial attorney who regularly represent both plaintiffs and defendants at all stages of litigation, through trial and the appellate process. She specializes in defending against conduct (negligence) – based causes of action and has handled nearly every type of tort claim, from wrongful death and serious personal injury claims (including claims involving disfigurement and brain damage injuries) to minor injuries and property damage. She also handles other tort causes of action including premises liability, products liability, and toxic tort claims. Similarly, she regularly advises clients regarding product warning and labeling issues. In addition to and in connection with her tort practice, Lindsey also represents and counsels insurance policyholders in obtaining coverage from insurance carriers. In addition, she is experienced in counseling and representing clients in antitrust and trade-related matters, including Hart-Scott Rodino Pre-Merger Filings and compliance with state and federal consumer protection laws.
Lindsey earned her J.D., magna cum laude, in 2011 from Case Western Reserve University, where she was a contributing editor for the Law Review and a member of the Moot Court team.
She earned a B.S., magna cum laude, in Secondary English Education, from Miami University in 2006. Prior to attending law school, Lindsey taught high school English.
Lindsey joined Calfee in 2011, and she was elected Partner in 2020.
Honors & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars (2014-2021)
J.D., magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Order of the Coif, Law Review, contributing editor, ABA Moot Court Team, 2011
B.S., magna cum laude, Miami University, 2006
- Served as lead trial attorney in successfully defending complex lawsuit involving property damage and other tort claims asserted by commercial property owner in connection with a large construction project.
- Served as lead attorney in successfully defending multiple negligence-based personal injury and property claims on behalf of a public utility.
- Successfully defended captive insurance company in federal court in a subrogation dispute between two insurance carriers arising out of products liability claims
- Obtained judgment on behalf of coating/sealant manufacturer and its corporate affiliates on claims asserted by 15 plaintiffs for breach of contract and alleged violations of the Ohio Business Opportunity Plan Act.
News & Events
- Twenty-Four Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion to 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars11.27.2019
- Super Lawyers, 12.17.2018
- Forty Calfee, Halter & Griswold Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars12.06.2017
- Tort, Accident and Product Liability Litigation
- Public Utilities, Energy and Telecommunications Litigation
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Insurance Coverage
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation Counseling and Litigation
- Commercial Contracts
- Energy and Utilities Law
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit