As an Aviation attorney in Ohio, Jerry has significant experience with aviation litigation and aviation transactions and financing matters. In his work outside of the courtroom, Jerry routinely advises clients on FAA regulatory matters and business planning.
Jerry's aviation clients include scheduled airlines, aircraft and component-part manufacturers, fixed-based operators, flight schools, airports, insurers, flying clubs, individual pilots, maintenance facilities and corporate flight departments.
In addition to his practice in the field of aviation law, Jerry has routinely and extensively worked in many other areas of business law including representation of financial institutions.
Jerry is a licensed commercial pilot, rated for single and multi-engine airplanes, helicopters, and gliders. He is also a certified flight instructor rated for single and multi-engine airplanes and instrument instruction.
He is a current member of the Experimental Aircraft Association, the Ohio Aviation Association, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (where he serves on the legal services panel), National Business Aviation Association, Aviation Insurance Association and is a past president of the Professional Pilots Association. He has published four books and hundreds of magazine articles on various legal and aviation topics.
Jerry joined Calfee in 2017.
J.D., Capital University, 1975
B.S., The Ohio State University, 1969
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Experimental Aircraft Association, Member
- Ohio Regional Business Aviation Association, Board Member/Member
- National Air Transportation Association, Member
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Legal Services Panel, Member
- National Business Aviation Association, Member
- Professional Pilots Association, Past President
News & Events
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Aviation Law Attorney Jerry Eichenberger Re-elected to Ohio Regional Business Aviation Association Board
- "Legal Lease – Illegal Charter?" Article by Calfee Aviation Attorney Jerry Eichenberger Published in AOPA Pilot Protection Insights Spring EditionAircraft Owners and Pilots Association Insights (Spring Edition 2023),
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court