Before joining Calfee, Heather was a Commercial Litigation and Business Associate with Brennan, Manna & Diamond in Akron, Ohio.
Heather represented businesses in a wide range of business litigation, corporate advocacy and commercial matters. In addition, she assisted clients with business and commercial litigation, trade secret and non-competition litigation, commercial collections litigation management, franchise litigation and labor and employment litigation matters.
Prior to this position, she served as a law clerk for Brouse McDowell and held several externships and internships with NASA Glenn Research Center, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, University Hospitals and RPM International Inc.
Heather earned her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, where she served as the Chief Business Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review and Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law newspaper, The Gavel. In addition, Heather served as a student board member for the Federal Bar Association for the Northern District of Ohio and as Director of Development for the Student Bar Association.
She earned her M.B.A. from the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University and earned her B.B.A. in Marketing from Kent State University.
Heather joined Calfee as an Associate in 2020.
Honors & Recognitions
- Supreme Court of Ohio & Ohio Legal Aid Assistance Foundation Award, Exceptional Pro Bono Service (2018)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Pro Bono and Community Service Award (2018)
- CALI Awards – Scholarly Writing (2016)
- CALI Awards – Law, Literature, and Film (2017)
- Start-Up Vikes Award – MBA Start-Up Competition, Cleveland State University (2017)
J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, 2018
M.B.A., Monte Ahuja College of Business, Cleveland State University, 2018
B.B.A. in Marketing, Kent State University, 2014
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Akron Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Volunteer
- Pathway Caring for Children, Associate Board Member
- Salvation Army, Volunteer
- A Flash’s Fairytale/Metro Health Hospital, Volunteer
- Capes and Crowns Event (in association with CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates, and Caring for Kids), Volunteer