Dan has successfully represented clients in both state and federal court in many types of business disputes, including commercial contracts, construction and real estate-related disputes, and white-collar defense and investigations.
Prior to joining Calfee, Dan served as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office and as an Associate Attorney at a Cleveland-based law firm. He also served as a Law Clerk with the United States Attorney’s Office.
Dan earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where he was selected to participate in the ABA Moot Court Competition. He also earned a B.S., summa cum laude, in Political Science and History from Indiana Wesleyan University.
Honors & Recognitions
Bronze Star Medal for Meritorious Service, Battalion S2 Military Intelligence Officer with the 237th Brigade Support Battalion for the Ohio Army National Guard, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan
Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars, 2019
J.D., magna cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2013
B.S., summa cum laude, Political Science and History, Indiana Wesleyan University, 2009
Construction Litigation Experience
- In January 2019, Dan obtained dismissal of claims of unjust enrichment against a municipality in a construction dispute.
- In March 2019, summary judgment was awarded for Calfee’s client, a construction-loan lender, granting its claims against the borrower and guarantor, including breach of loan documents and breach of guaranty.
Business, Commercial, and Municipal Litigation Experience
- In March 2019, Dan obtained dismissal of claims related to environmental issues against a municipality, including breach of contract, negligence, fraud, and negligent misrepresentation and/or concealment.
- In February 2019, obtained dismissal of claims against Calfee’s client, a global manufacturer of thermoset resins, including breach of contract, breach of good faith and fair dealings, unjust enrichment, implied contract, misappropriation of confidential information, and tortious interference with prospective economic relations and tortious interference with contractual relations
From 2005 to 2018, Dan served in the Army National Guard. Most recently, he served as a Military Intelligence Officer with the rank of Captain for the 37th Brigade Combat Team and deployed to Kosovo as part of NATO Kosovo Forces.
Previously, Dan served as the Battalion S2 Military Intelligence Officer for the 237th Brigade Support Battalion and deployed to Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom.
During his deployment to Afghanistan, Dan was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for Meritorious Service.
News & Events
- United States Attorney’s Office, Law Clerk
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio